Lemon - Terminator???

jvert

Established Member
Would any of you buy the following Cobra 2003 vert with 15,XXX miles.

http://www.carfax.com/phoenix/exter...cXQLVpDsd9f2nEF5wiCFtKt6hX6ndWRqzR9bDgDaCTSi3

Its at a dealer and he said he would sell it to me for 23K. The thing is he never told me it had an alert on its carfax. Once I called and confronted him about it he said that it has been checked and now is a certified used car. So my questions is would any of you guys buy a car like this or would you just stay away???

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
jvert said:
Would any of you buy the following Cobra 2003 vert with 15,XXX miles.

http://www.carfax.com/phoenix/exter...cXQLVpDsd9f2nEF5wiCFtKt6hX6ndWRqzR9bDgDaCTSi3

Its at a dealer and he said he would sell it to me for 23K. The thing is he never told me it had an alert on its carfax. Once I called and confronted him about it he said that it has been checked and now is a certified used car. So my questions is would any of you guys buy a car like this or would you just stay away???

I'd make them warranty it for another 50k miles and put it in the contract that if the original problem arises again that they will take it back no problem and at no cost to you.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
stay away. there will be others out there. i worked at a dealership and even with the certified warranty it is a pain in the ass to deal with because it is not a manufactures warranty.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
So, it was a Lemon...what was it "lemoned" for? I think it all depends on the Lemon problem b/c if that can be fixed with an aftermarket component, then $23k for a 15k mile vert is a sweet price...

jvert

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
So, it was a Lemon...what was it "lemoned" for? I think it all depends on the Lemon problem b/c if that can be fixed with an aftermarket component, then $23k for a 15k mile vert is a sweet price...

IM going to call ford and give them the VIN # to see if they can tell me what was the problem. Do you think they would do that? THanks for the input. Hopefully I can get myself into a 03/04 cobra soon.

sofine21

Established Member
Get an OASIS Report from a friendly Ford Dealer with a history of repairs/warranty work. Or got to flatratetech.com and see if someone there can get you the Oasis report.....you have to have a certain number of posts on the site to receive the reports.

03RedCobra

Established Member
I'm just guessing on this here, but it could be a possibility.

It said that the first buyer was actually a Corporate Lease for about 3 months with only 163 miles on it during that time, then it was sold to someone else, whom was owner#2. The word "Lemon" also has the word "Buyback" in front of it as well. Maybe there was nothing wrong with it.

I'm wondering if the "Buyback" was just an administrative matter that would allow the car to be bought back buy the dealer so that they would be able to sell it again with the complete 3yr/36,000 mile warranty on it. Essentially, a new car they could sell since it only had 163 miles on it, and probably was never really used at all. Heck, I bought my Cobra new off the dealer lot with 120 miles on it.

Now they can only sell it as a used car because Owner#2 has owned it for 1year-10months.

Just a theory. :shrug:

jvert

Established Member
Thanks fellas, I will call a few dealers tomorrow and see what I can get out of them. I will keep everyone posted!!!

Users who are viewing this thread