lethal diesel question?

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
hey jared, i'm not a member of any diesel forums so i figured i'd just ask this here, lol. my dad has an 07 duramax (LBZ) 4x4. he wants to make some more power out of it. the truck already has a K&N FIPK installed and he just put larger 33" tires on it. he's looking at getting a bigger exhaust system for it, and a hand held tuner, but we can't decide on which setup would be best for him? should he just buy a catback, or is it worth it to do the entire turbo back system with no cat? also, he wants a programmer that is fairly easy to use and that will not only calibrate his speedo for his larger tires, but also give him some decent power gains. what would you recommend? any input is helpful :beer:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
hey jared, i'm not a member of any diesel forums so i figured i'd just ask this here, lol. my dad has an 07 duramax (LBZ) 4x4. he wants to make some more power out of it. the truck already has a K&N FIPK installed and he just put larger 33" tires on it. he's looking at getting a bigger exhaust system for it, and a hand held tuner, but we can't decide on which setup would be best for him? should he just buy a catback, or is it worth it to do the entire turbo back system with no cat? also, he wants a programmer that is fairly easy to use and that will not only calibrate his speedo for his larger tires, but also give him some decent power gains. what would you recommend? any input is helpful :beer:

I would definitely swap out the exhaust for a Turbo Back. I did it on my Brothers Truck, 07.5+ Duramax and we saw great results. We then loaded the SCT Tune on his truck and saw crazy results. There is nothing like changing the tune on the truck and getting an instant 150+ TQ.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
so will the sct handheld calibrate his speedo for the larger tires and tune out the missing cat as well? The last thing be wants is a CEL :beer:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
so will the sct handheld calibrate his speedo for the larger tires and tune out the missing cat as well? The last thing be wants is a CEL :beer:

I'm going to speak to the Diesel Guru on Monday for you and have him suggest the best tuner for your application. I'll make sure that it's capable of not only making power but will allow the necessary changes to be made for the tires.

Have a great weekend and we'll speak on Monday.

Thanks, Jared

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
I'm going to speak to the Diesel Guru on Monday for you and have him suggest the best tuner for your application. I'll make sure that it's capable of not only making power but will allow the necessary changes to be made for the tires.

Have a great weekend and we'll speak on Monday.

Thanks, Jared

thanks! :thumbsup:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
thanks! :thumbsup:
Just spoke to the Guru.. LOL

He recommended the Diablosport Predator. It's gonna give you great power and fuel economy as well as give you the ability to adjust the speedo for the tires.

Here's the link to the product page. Give us a call to order and we'll be more than happy to give you your SVTperformance discount.

Thanks, Jared

Diablosport 06-07 Duramax LLY/LBZ Predator Handheld Tuner [U7186] : Lethal Diesel, Your #1 source for diesel performance

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
Just spoke to the Guru.. LOL

He recommended the Diablosport Predator. It's gonna give you great power and fuel economy as well as give you the ability to adjust the speedo for the tires.

Here's the link to the product page. Give us a call to order and we'll be more than happy to give you your SVTperformance discount.

Thanks, Jared

Diablosport 06-07 Duramax LLY/LBZ Predator Handheld Tuner [U7186] : Lethal Diesel, Your #1 source for diesel performance

thanks jared! :beer:

one more thing, does the diesel "guru" happen to know if i remove the cat off the vehicle, will this tuner be able to clear the CEL (if it even throws one?)

Users who are viewing this thread