Lightning gets an 8.5 cage and a 4-LINK

Killer Ride

Established Member
HOLY MOLY!!! Batman!! That is on awesome ride
Love the C-notch! Fuggit I like everything about this build!Awesome Job:rockon: You gotta let me know when you run this thing. I dont care if I gotta cover five states I wanna be there!

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
whats a decent estimate on a shop doing a 4 link like that? I know it's very cheap if u do it yourself.

From the reaserch I did, prices can really really vary. Bottom line you usually get what you pay for. IMO, you should be able to get a nice 4-link done for around 2k. However, there are so many variables it's extremly difficult to just throw numbers around like this. My suggestion is call 3-4 known high quality fab shops for estimates and compare what they're offering for hardware, materials, type of welding, etc.

In my case Nate's prices are more than fair and his work is as high quality as some over priced high end shops. His attention to detail alone would have me use his services again and again.

And keep in mind I have close friends more than capable of doing this same work. I just can't get them to put the beer down and work. lol

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Thanks ikatya. How will the bed look when it's done? Will it look normal besides the roll bars?

IMO, it only makes sense to do the bar while doing the 4 link. Get her all done at once.

Do you have any pictures of a Lighting that sit's the same as yours will be? I love a slammed truck but i am afraid a 4 link will be needed for how low i want to be. Especially launching this 6 speed at god knows what RPM. I will be going low like SS THIS' truck when it's at it's lowest.

Last edited:

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
Quote from Nate (Quicksilver02)

"We added a few more tubes in to brace the upper part of the 4-link/wishbone crossmember. Since the leaf springs are long gone and never coming back, we removed the hanger bolts, welded the rivet holes up, and finished welding the frame halves together inside and out.

We also made up our own shock brackets to get the shock to stand up straight beneath the shock crossmember. Most of the frame has been stripped for painting. We just need to weld in the ARB and then it's time for paint."

Some outrigger support bars

ikatya91.jpg

ikatya90.jpg

Couple support bars for the 4-link crossmember

ikatya80.jpg

ikatya81.jpg

Shocks mocked up with some custom brackets

ikatya85.jpg

ikatya84.jpg

ikatya86.jpg

And a big thanks to Chris Terry from davidlemmond.com for the ARB. The linkage has not been adjusted length wise.

ikatya89.jpg

ikatya88.jpg

ikatya87.jpg

Some more updates...

Rear came apart for a little PC

ikatya92.jpg

After some clean up the rear frame and down bars were painted

ikatya93.jpg

ikatya94.jpg

Parts back from PC ready for final assembly

ikatya95.jpg

ikatya96.jpg

ARB came out great

ikatya97.jpg

Mock up for tubs and tinwork started

ikatya98.jpg

Last edited:

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
What is an ARB? And what does it do?

It stands for anti roll bar. Basically a sway bar and recommended for 4-link drag application. When adjusted it will help plant both rear tires equally instead of trying to lift one side. These ARB's are not for the street and the linkage would be disconnected if I were driving on the street.

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member

Sorry, haven't got back to this thread in a while. Lot's of updates!

Tin work started and interior going back together.

ikatya99.jpg

ikatya100.jpg

ikatya108.jpg

ikatya111.jpg

ikatya131.jpg

ikatya101.jpg

ikatya102.jpg

ikatya119.jpg

ikatya120.jpg

Swing up cover to access ARB, 4-link and shock adjustments….:thumbsup:

ikatya121.jpg

Couple more of the tin work in progress.

ikatya125.jpg

ikatya126.jpg

ikatya123.jpg

Battery mounted

ikatya129.jpg

ikatya128.jpg

Tin work was all powder coated

ikatya132.jpg

ikatya133.jpg

ikatya134.jpg

Some pics of the new latch for the gutted tailgate. :thumbup:

ea076a72.jpg

fa1f0dd9.jpg

f1bf0f27.jpg

65e9c885.jpg

3f207f3f.jpg

And ready to load and go home,

e410bfe9.jpg

1ff7c665.jpg

0e8822fd.jpg

bffb8e3e.jpg

fcca7c9e.jpg

Loaded and a quick stop to get the tow vehicle a missing radiator overflow cap from a recent TSB service….grrr

f3b3a4c7.jpg

783b3c00.jpg

2f330b67.jpg

2f330b67.jpg

The Rossler TH400 is in and using my old SB to start the TT mock up. BS3, Racepak, AMS and possibly a Smartwire system going in…..Stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread