Lightning Kill

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
2 Kills actully, My brother has my truck so I've been Cobra'ing it to work this week. After work I see a primered 68 Nova driving prett fast and thought 'hey that looks like fun" So I catch up to him and he has the too cool for the world look on is face as I catch up he nails it as do I; he hits it so do I, he's toast
:D never another look back, guess I pissed him off.

Today at lunch I hang a left onto 4th street at the Ontario Mills mall, it'as abig mall here in So Cal, I see a be-u-ti-ful red L with the Liscence plate 'MIDD LIF" and what looked to be a bullet hole on the drivers door (yikes) . I gets next to him, he's a mid 40'sgenntelman w/a salt and pepper beard, I give the international sign for 'nice car' (which in my case is a stupid grin and a nod) We stop at at the light; he in the right lane me in the middle lane, I point to the front (still grining) he does the welllll, OK nod. Light hits green I take it slow as to not go up in smoke as does he, we both hook decent and I jump a car length and stay there, I hit second and spin the tires and he got to my rr bumper, I hit third and I get about a length and change on him we shut down---thumbs up and he turns into the ritzy New York Grill and I hit Dave and Busters for a celebratory beer and Phiilly Cheestake sandwich, I had a fun lunch hour today!!
I wish I could drive the Cobra to work mre often but I work at a steel mill and allthe dust would royally F up my paint. I'll just have to be happy with once in a while:D

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
I couldnt tell, it wasnt BRAND new but it wasnt the older 'box' style either. It seemed like he get's challenged quite a bit cus when he agreed to go it was like well, OK one more time. not verbal just the look on his face, ya know? I gotta get me one of those L's man what a sharp truck........... but I have too many car payments as it is right now :(

Gambinotdx

Established Member
did you notice the taillights? if they were red then it probably had the 360 horses...i've always heard that a L with a chip is equal to a stock cobra of the same year. is this accurate? nice kill by the way! you cannibal!!! hehe:lol:

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
nice kill. i know that stretch of road you're talking about. good spot. :)

my girlfriend wants to get an '02 L, but the same color as my cobra. looks like they're going to make them in TBM. i saw one in that color yesterday when i picked up my cobra from the dealer (windshield was replaced).

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Those are some good kills, but it was mean to kill a fellow SVT buddy.

You may have killled that Lightning, but you ain't going to Kill me.:lol:

Lightningstrike

I'm sure that owner's look will be fashioned on my face as well. My truck now sits at 39 miles, but in the 37 miles under my ownership I was challenged at 2 different stop lights by 3 different LS1-Fbodies on the way from the dealership to the house! Crazy!

Although it was tempting, very tempting. :D

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
Those are some good kills, but it was mean to kill a fellow SVT buddy.

You may have killled that Lightning, but you ain't going to Kill me.:lol:

I dont think so either.
Not withought another 100 ponies at the rr wheels!! Man your truck has some nice #'s I'd love to get one of 'em.

LightningStrike;
Congrats on the new L, dont worry you'll have plenty more opportunities to run that bad boy!

Alex

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread