Lightweight special edition RS in the works?

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I don't doubt the possibility of a higher performance RS... But I do doubt that the engine is tapped out. I'd bet on them using the existing power train mostly due to not needing to recertify for emissions etc....

04svtsnke

Established Member
With roush making a turbo kit for the regular ecoboost making 511/465 at the crank, I'm positive the rs engine can handle at least that.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
A lightweight RS would be sweet, but no doubt would cost more.

I want a stripped out RS for 10k less.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
A lightweight RS would be sweet, but no doubt would cost more.

I want a stripped out RS for 10k less.

Where exactly would the cost savings come from? The base model RS is pretty stripped down as it is. Look at the Evo VIII RS as an example, which was pretty damn stripped down and only a grand or two cheaper.

Might as well do the weight reduction on your own or buy an ST if you can't afford the RS.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Where exactly would the cost savings come from? The base model RS is pretty stripped down as it is. Look at the Evo VIII RS as an example, which was pretty damn stripped down and only a grand or two cheaper.

Might as well do the weight reduction on your own or buy an ST if you can't afford the RS.

Less technology for one. Give me an am/fm radio and two door speakers. manual dumb seats. manual hvac controls.

Affording things isnt the problem, getting the car you want for your money, aka value, is important.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Less technology for one. Give me an am/fm radio and two door speakers. manual dumb seats. manual hvac controls.

Affording things isnt the problem, getting the car you want for your money, aka value, is important.

That wouldn't cut much cost at all.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
That wouldn't cut much cost at all.

Unfortunately not. The actual hardware cost for those components is minimal. But the R&D behind them was pretty significant, making each unit add more than just their hardware cost to a vehicle.

Just frustrating when a "lightweight" model costs more and has less features. I'd like a stripped out model, even if only a few grand less.

Users who are viewing this thread