Lime Rock Park, CT on 4-24-17 - Videos & Data Overlay

VNEMUS

Established Member
Sharing a couple of my videos from an HPDE at Lime Rock Park, CT last week with Sports Car Driving Association (SCDA). Videos taken by a GoPro Hero 4 camera and data from an AIM Solo and combined using RaceRender.

It had been 5 years since my last event at Lime Rock so I was a little worried there would be a lot of rust to shake off reacquainting myself with where I previously left off in my Cobra. It wasn't long into the first session that most of it came back to me, but "something" just didn't feel right with the car going over the Uphill and tracking out at the bottom of the downhill. The car would bog and cut out of power and I knew the overall lap times were suffering. I explained this to a Mustang track friend, Derek, and he suggested maybe something was up with my traction control. DUH! That was it, I forgot to turn off the traction control. 10+ years with this car and I still apparently forget to turn off traction control! I usually turn the car on first, turn off traction control, then put my helmet and Hans on and then secure my harness down, which at that point do not allow me to reach the traction control button, Lol

Here are a couple of my laps from the next session out. 290 rwhp, 3700 lbs trying to finish off last year's BFG R1 S scrubs that seem to just give consistent, reliable mediocre laps for 25 minutes at a time and just don't want to cord (yet):

Dr. Jekyll:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My friend, Eric, was also there with his 2014 Nissan GT-R Black Edition on Hoosier R7s. At the end of the day, he let me take it out for a couple laps. I did 1 out lap and then just 1 full lap and proceeded to put down a 59.12 lap. I am stunned, still thinking how crazy fast and capable this 3818 lb. production car with AWD and 545 hp / 463 tq really is! No weight reduction, no aero, just tires and brakes. I'm trying to convince him to put a cage in so "we" can see what it really can do.

Mr. Hyde:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is such a great track with so much racing history and beautiful scenery. If you've never been here, it's worth the trip.

Last edited:

dmichaels

Established Member
Good catching up at the event. I didn't realize that was you who took the GTR out for that hot lap! Nicely done... crazy fast car. I'm dying to get some R7's and see what those do

Nice driving as always, when are you out next? I'm off to then Glen on 6/5 & 6/6! Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread