LMR SVE Series 3 Question

NEW EDG

Established Member
Does anyone know if Bullitt Center Caps will fit on LMR SVE Series 3 wheels? I called LMR and the person I talked to had no idea and proceeded to read a non-answer off a sheet of paper, so not confident in their response. Was hoping someone here knows.

Thanks in advance.

NEW EDG

Established Member
Someone from LMR finally got back to me and said they don't. LMR center cap is 2.4" and Bullitt is 2.5". Kind of a shame they didn't machine it to fit the Bullitt caps.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think it's something with the rights as I don't think any of the reps can use stock style center caps. I picked up a set of FR500's for the wife's 06 and she wanted to keep the stock tri bar center caps. I ended up removing the spring bar thing and used clear RTV to hold it from the back. They never sat flush, but looked ok walking by the car.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Someone from LMR finally got back to me and said they don't. LMR center cap is 2.4" and Bullitt is 2.5". Kind of a shame they didn't machine it to fit the Bullitt caps.

I had some Saleen reps back in the day, and ran into the same problem. I cheated.
I peeled the center cap emblem itself off the mounting piece, on both the Ford caps, and the aftermarket caps. Then I attached the aftermarket mounting piece to the OEM emblem.

NEW EDG

Established Member
I think it's something with the rights as I don't think any of the reps can use stock style center caps. I picked up a set of FR500's for the wife's 06 and she wanted to keep the stock tri bar center caps. I ended up removing the spring bar thing and used clear RTV to hold it from the back. They never sat flush, but looked ok walking by the car.
No rights issues, there are plenty that do it. Apex in particular does it and I know BC Forged will do it as an optional add on. I believe the SVE Bullitt repros will fit no problem too. I don't think it's a rights issue so much as SVE would lose their brand recognition on the wheels if they set them up to be swapped.

At any rate I'll see how far off they are when the wheels get here tomorrow. It's 0.1" on paper but in practice that's not a whole lot to have to "clearance".

NEW EDG

Established Member
Didn't bother trying to fit the Bullitt caps on. The "screws" on these wheels were an absolute trainwreck. None of them were seated at the same height, some were crooked, some were off center, one was cracked. I put "screws" in quotes because they aren't real either so there is no way to fix them. Overall was very disappointed in the quality control and disappointed that they sent me a damaged wheel. Just returned them outright because I don't think it's possible to even get a clean seat from what I saw. It was a damn shame too because they look fantastic otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread