Longtube experts come in please

lsp408

Established Member
I am thinking about full exhaust for my 5.0, but I know nothing about ford.

I have done several long tube install on the ground and just hand tools on LS1 camaro and G8GT.

How hard is long tube install on the new 5.0? is it something doable in my own garage without air tools or need to pull motor to put them on?

Any guidance or comment will be greatly appreciated

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Not to bad to do. Two of us did it in 3.5 hours. Just remove the starter, steering shaft. Then we raised the motor up 3/4 inch, secured it and removed the motor mounts. Next is the hardest part removing the stock headers. We did the SS Works and they went right in. Really not a bad job at all. We have some pictures up on the Amazon Tuning Solutions facebook page.:beer:

redsap05

Established Member
I am still not sure if headers are worth it for this car. American muscle went 11.9 @ 118.56 without them.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
They car feels alot stronger with them. First they sent me the wrong cat pipe and it had no x or h. Put the x on last week and it really picked back up on the low end. The headers allowed me to raise the shift points up a bit because it pulls much harder and lets the car breath up top. Most the guys now with longtubes are running in the mid 120 mph range. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread