Longtubes + o/r x + Stingers = too loud?

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
I had JBA longtubes, o/r x and borla stinger mufflers on my supercharged 06 and it was like sex. I just put longtubes and o/r x on my 04 cobra and am still searching for the right catback. Leaning towards the stingers but I dont want to wake the world up when i go to work at 5 in the morning. I want a good agressive sound but nothing obnoxious.

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
I have catless X-Pipe to Magnaflows and it behaves until you really get into the pedal, there is a sweet spot that is obnoxious loud. But Im thinking of going to Stingers :D

Silver TT

Established Member
Get the magnaflows. The stingers will be just as loud as the slp. The magnaflow with off road x will sound great at wot.

x2 on the stingers being loud. I had that setup when I bought the car - Mac LTs, O/R X-pipe, Stingers. It was wake the dead loud and doesn't have an off button. My favorite exhaust note of all time is the V8 M3 stock exhaust as its throaty but refined at cruising speeds (can still hear yourself think at 1/2 throttle) but at WOT it was an animal. With the Stingers, even rolling around at 1/8 throttle it was pretty damn loud. Loved it in tunnels and overpasses but it was too much for my taste in casual driving.

Switched to Magnaflow CB and brought down volume levels by about 30% but still maniac sounding at WOT which I love. Now my only issue is the drone at highway speeds. Going to try either the Mac OR Prochamber or Lethal Catted X next to see if I can knock out the drone.

Last edited:

nol300

Established Member
Last edited:

MJR0189

Established Member
Thanks for all the input guys, I went with the Stingers. I'm going to keep the Bassani midlengths and o/r xpipe as well. Just waiting on UPS to deliver them, should be here in a few hours and then I will run up to work and have them installed. I'll post impressions later on! :rockon:

MJR0189

Established Member
Ok, got the Stingers installed, and all I can say is WOW :bowdown: I had never heard Stingers in person before today, and the internet does not lie. It is the best exhaust note I've ever heard! Coming from the SLP LM1s to these is night and day. It's such a deep and rich sound, but still race car sounding at WOT. It's eargasmic haha. I think it combines the classic deep sound and the new age racey, raspy sound perfectly. Fitment is top notch as well, fits great up underneath. It's got such a ballsy, muscular sound, I love it! I highly recommend the Stingers for any V8 Mustang, and it will be my exhaust catback on every Mustang I own from now on.

FVChopper

SVTP
Established Member
Sorry to wake the dead on this thread hehe. But in no way are stingers as loud as loudmouth 1's both having longtubes o/r X. I've heard both setups in person and it isn't even remotely comparable, except MAYBE at WOT. Stingers really aren't that loud in the lower RPM band IMO while LM1's wake the dead if the car is idling lol.

svtaddict

Established Member
yup slp loudmouths sound like you have an ak47 strapped under your car. they pop LOUD!

JrSVT

Established Member
SLP stands for Sh!tty Loud Pipes....

I'm a fan of my Steeda catback with ARH 1 3/4" Longtubes and 3" catted X. Everyone has their own opinions about what sounds good/bad.

Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread