Looking at buying 1st Gen... Any concerns? Pics

broncobuddha

Established Member
I'll pm you.

The cowl is dented on both sides. The hood fits fine now. I'd have to take clearer pics.

The other thing and I think the guy I bought it from was trying to get ahold of him about is the tonneau. It's missing the tailgate rail and three of the metal C type clamps that it uses. I'd love to run the thing.

The other thing is, the front tires are practically new. The rears are toast. I was only going to replace the rears for now but send me your pics.

broncobuddha

Established Member
By bed cover do you mean tonneau? It's a snap on type deal. Doesn't have the clear tails. I'm good with that. I like what's on there now.

broncobuddha

Established Member
Yeah, I'm missing that rear piece and the three clamps for one side. Can't run it without that stuff. I'd love to though. Cleans it up nice.

I'd also like to re-herculine the bed for when I might need to haul stuff and at some point maybe get a carpet for in there. Might need a hard tonneau then.

lightning_2000

Established Member
since you live in knoxville you do know that checkers is located in kentucky

they will install the flush mount bedcover for free plus its cheaper because no shipping charges.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Flush mount bed covers are pretty cool, but they limit the utility since stuff don't fit in your bed as easily. Most of them come off pretty easily, but it takes 2 people to do it. I ran a flush mount on my 93L, but I hauled nothing in it, pretty much.

broncobuddha

Established Member
Thanks, Richard. I was wondering about that. I thought having the lockability would be nice. I could herculine the bed and then maybe see about a rear carpit kit for it that I could remove whenever I hauled something like my mustang engine or firewood etc...

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
After having a hard bed cover, I'll never own another one on any truck I own. I use mine too much to fool with a hard cover. I would consider a soft cover though, like Tekstyle or some other quality bedcover. Much easier to mess with.

lightning_2000

Established Member
or a jack rabbit like ez speeds

its a flush mount but it comes apart and stores up front.
i am going flush mount but the only thing i will be hauling is a**

broncobuddha

Established Member
Hey Lightning 2000, I just noticed something on my truck. I know you know about the Factory 4x4 pan etc. But I don't see a trans dipstick anywhere? How would I check the level or add trans fluid? Weird.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Should be back toward the firewall, Brian. Don't remember exactly where, but I want to say passenger side, and a little bit low (lower than the intake). Then again, I've not owned one since 1996. :)

broncobuddha

Established Member
Found it. The little heat shield thingy that covers the ac stuff over there is kind of frayed and it was blocking it from my view.

Thanks!

deiter5262

Established Member
looks like a nice pick......i would think that it would be worth it as long as everything is documented and legit..just my 02 again i like the truck!

Users who are viewing this thread