Looking for longtubes

Which brand of longtubes?

• Total voters

Smjx

Unsure if I should go full length or mid. Kooks, I like the design because running e85 I do not have to remount the 02s.

Also I was looking into OBX, anyone have opinions on these? Can get a set off of ebay for 600 shipped. Seems to be same design as kooks.

Gruca

Established Member
I’m about to install Kooks Super Streets on my car in about an hour. They were like $550 through Beefcake during a sale. I don’t want LTs and since my car is supercharged, I’ll still get good gains out of these.

vortecd

Established Member
get the cheapest ones that are e85 friendly. There is not enough gains with headers to spend a lot of money on them

Smjx

Does anyone actually run these that can say what the actual measurements are? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Maximizer-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Seems they list them as 1.7 primary and 3 inch collector, but on OBX's listings and other maximizer's they are listed as 1.6 inch primary and 2.5 inch collector. Both of these are copies of kooks, so shouldn't have a problem with e85. I'd just hollow out the cats on these as they are probably junk anyway.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
get the cheapest ones that are e85 friendly. There is not enough gains with headers to spend a lot of money on them

I wouldn't cheap out on headers. I had BBK's before I switched to Kooks and the quality difference is amazing. BBK's and other budget brand headers are ok if you only drive your car in nice weather but if its a DD they won't last nearly as long as a quality header like Kooks, Stainless Works, ARH, etc. If you are planning on running E85 Kooks is a no brainer.

Gruca

Established Member
Speaking of Kooks...I did all the work to put mine on yesterday and when going to install the driver’s side I realized that I was sent two passenger side headers. They were labeled right side and left side, so I didn’t really think about it...until it came time to install it. FML.

Doberman5.0

Established Member
I've wanted to get the OBX also, I had some on a bmw m3 I used to have, never had any problems with them. I just don't want to run into fitment issues, and can't find any reviews from someone who installed them on a 11-14.

xartic

Established Member
I have the BBK ceramic coated 1 3/4" LTH. The finish of the headers in the engine bay look like they are still brand new. I installed them in Dec 2014 and they still look nice. Under the car they have more of a matte finish to them it seems, but there is no rust or any sort of finish degradation.

The only issue I have had with mine is hitting any sort of speed bump, which causes it to barely catch. This issue probably applies to the other brands as well.

Users who are viewing this thread