Looking into a Boss 302

Grant808

Established Member
Congrats! Looking forward to YOUR comparison. And sign up for Track Attack...so you can personally see what the Boss can do.

whoLEEoh

Established Member
Ok so far ive had the car for about 6 days and have put 600 miles on it...THIS CAR IS SUPER COMFORTABLE, seats are superb, responsiveness and power just feel so in sync. The steering for being controlled electronically does not feel to "fake".
The gas tank is wayyyy to small for this car, coming from a 19-20 gallon tank on the Z and now to a 15 gallon tank and averaging 15mpg (a lot of flooring it and 0-60 runs on the computer but my times are still crap lol). This car has an assload of potential.

Comparing the stang to the 370z is very difficult due to 2 different in almost every way cars. even tho they are both track purpose built cars i did feel more confident in the braking and tight corners in the Z because of weight and initial "bite" on the brakes. For a stock the car the handling is very nice but i feel like the car is WAY to high and produces a bit to much body roll (Yet no where near what i expected)...I did the 0-60 pulls today and averaged 4.7 (I know its slow) but i never launch cars...Its good to know that even a novice at launching can hit that tho lol.

So far I have no regret on the purchase except for gas tank lol. If this had a 19-20 gallon tank and could maybe get 290-300 to the tank it would be the perfect car. So far ive bought the SCT and getting AED tuned ASAP to get the eco tune aswell and see if i could raise my average up. im about to fill up again tonight (4th time to fill up) lol.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ok so far ive had the car for about 6 days and have put 600 miles on it...THIS CAR IS SUPER COMFORTABLE, seats are superb, responsiveness and power just feel so in sync. The steering for being controlled electronically does not feel to "fake".
The gas tank is wayyyy to small for this car, coming from a 19-20 gallon tank on the Z and now to a 15 gallon tank and averaging 15mpg (a lot of flooring it and 0-60 runs on the computer but my times are still crap lol). This car has an assload of potential.

Comparing the stang to the 370z is very difficult due to 2 different in almost every way cars. even tho they are both track purpose built cars i did feel more confident in the braking and tight corners in the Z because of weight and initial "bite" on the brakes. For a stock the car the handling is very nice but i feel like the car is WAY to high and produces a bit to much body roll (Yet no where near what i expected)...I did the 0-60 pulls today and averaged 4.7 (I know its slow) but i never launch cars...Its good to know that even a novice at launching can hit that tho lol.

So far I have no regret on the purchase except for gas tank lol. If this had a 19-20 gallon tank and could maybe get 290-300 to the tank it would be the perfect car. So far ive bought the SCT and getting AED tuned ASAP to get the eco tune aswell and see if i could raise my average up. im about to fill up again tonight (4th time to fill up) lol.

its a 16 gallon gas tank but i agree 19 gallons would be perfect!!!

useful stats:
http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2012_Mustang_Boss_Specs.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread