Looks like the 03 HP is over rated!!!

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I watched Hot Rod TV this morning on the Speed Channel and they featured the 03 Cobra. The narrator stated that they put two cars on chassis dynos and they were getting 370 rwhp. Are you listening insurance companies? Ford meant RWHP.

It looks like the early power rating rumors on these cars are true and they were not ringers. That's 435 HP at the crank. I was drooling the whole time. I'm glad they didn't come out with this program several weeks ago.

I also like the dribble that came out of the Z06 owner. What a d'head. I'd be looking over my shoulder also :nono: . $2K in mods and the 03 Cobra will show the Z06 tail lights all day. It'll take more than that to pick up a measurable amount of power in a Z06 unless they spray. I can't wait till PHP, JMS and JDM get to working on these cars. The numbers are going to be unreal.

RayC76

Established Member
What kind of dynos do they use, mustang or dynojet? Also, you meant underrated right?
Ray

Yellow Horse

Established Member
It's a joke. I was implying that Ford was saying 390 HP with their hands behind their back with their fingers crossed ;-) and saying oh, we meant rwhp. If it was putting out 370 rwhp it had to be a Dynojet. Mustang brand dynos have a different calcualtion for crank and read a lot lower at the wheels. The are legitimate 420 horsepower plus cars.

RayC76

Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow Horse
It's a joke. I was implying that Ford was saying 390 HP with their hands behind their back with their fingers crossed ;-) and saying oh, we meant rwhp. If it was putting out 370 rwhp it had to be a Dynojet. Mustang brand dynos have a different calcualtion for crank and read a lot lower at the wheels. The are legitimate 420 horsepower plus cars.
Sorry I didn't pick up the humor lol. Actually, every mustang dyno run I have seen has put out higher #'s than a dynojet, thats why I asked.
Ray

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Spoke to JDM yesterday, they have already ran a 11.67@???, but that's probibly old news......

this is just my second time on the board.:idea:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread