loping tune dyno.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
loping tune loses power.

i dont have the dyno jpeg to post, but its near identical to my original xpipe/tune dyno, but i lost 1 lb-ft. also lost 17rwhp from the dyno after i installed the airraid. my bet is the airraid spacer removed in the tune hurt it bad. it definitely feels sluggish over the 93 agressive with the airraid spacer installed.

ill see if the company i got it from will send me a tune with the spacer installed.thats the way i will keep it.

wbt

Banned
loping tune loses power.

i dont have the dyno jpeg to post, but its near identical to my original xpipe/tune dyno, but i lost 1 lb-ft. also lost 17rwhp from the dyno after i installed the airraid. my bet is the airraid spacer removed in the tune hurt it bad. it definitely feels sluggish over the 93 agressive with the airraid spacer installed.

ill see if the company i got it from will send me a tune with the spacer installed.thats the way i will keep it.

Hard to read and comprehend your post....

Are you saying the "lope" tune caused you to loose power but you removed the CAI insert at the same time? If so then no shit. You have to compensate for the increased MAF area in the tune.

You need a tune that will work with the insert out. The "lope" tune by itself did not cause the loss in power, the person turning the tools did. :eek:

assasinator

Established Member
Hard to read and comprehend your post....

Are you saying the "lope" tune caused you to loose power but you removed the CAI insert at the same time? If so then no shit. You have to compensate for the increased MAF area in the tune.

You need a tune that will work with the insert out. The "lope" tune by itself did not cause the loss in power, the person turning the tools did. :eek:

the tune was written for me to remove the spacer. thanks for the input.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
For what it's worth, a guy on the ALLFORDMUSTANGS forum posted that, when put his on the dyno in back to back runs, the lope tune had identical numbers as the regular tune.

assasinator

Established Member
the tune should be identical when i get it for the spacer installed. i will back to back run them.

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
I have the street and ghost cam tune. The power is identical. The ONLY difference between the two is the idle profile, which doesn't affect performance. If you're seeing a power difference the tuner has adjust more than the idle overlap.

snkchmr 1

I have the street and ghost cam tune. The power is identical. The ONLY difference between the two is the idle profile, which doesn't affect performance. If you're seeing a power difference the tuner has adjust more than the idle overlap.

Has this car seen a dyno with the cam tune ?

Users who are viewing this thread