Low Mile Cobra Coupe or Vert

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Hello Folks,

Just came out of an S197 and didn't enjoy it. So.....

I'm in the market for an 03-04 Cobra. If you have one of the following specific models that you are considering placing up for sale, please shoot me a text, email, or call. I am willing to pay fairly for the right one. As an avid enthusiast with incredible attention to detail, this next Cobra purchase is intended for the long haul. I'm flexible in coming out to see a car in person, making an easy wire transaction, and arranging enclosed transport back to my home. Here's what I'm looking for:

1. Comp Orange vert
2. Mystichrome vert
3. Mystichrome coupe
4. Mineral Grey coupe
5. Mineral Grey vert

CO and MC verts are top on my list.

Stock or mods is fine, but it must still be characteristically a Cobra: IRS, T56, blower. Oddly enough, it must have the rear wing, too. No accident history or repaints. Two keys and documentation preferred. CLEAN UNDERSIDE. I like low mileage, but any mileage is considered. Banged-up pinch welds will make me blink, but I can at least look at it and go from there. Please reach out to me at 410-920-4297 or [email protected], anytime. Very responsive.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
welcome back =)

you had a co (or even more than one) back in the day, didn't you?

good luck with your search!!

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
welcome back =)

you had a co (or even more than one) back in the day, didn't you?

good luck with your search!!
I still have it. It’s a CO coupe. I also had a black 04 coupe at the same time, but sold it for a Boss (mistake). I didn’t care for the Boss and now am looking for the next long term Cobra to fill its space in the garage.

rockyred8589

Established Member
I still have it. It’s a CO coupe. I also had a black 04 coupe at the same time, but sold it for a Boss (mistake). I didn’t care for the Boss and now am looking for the next long term Cobra to fill its space in the garage.
Was boss 302 bad car ? I’m in market for one

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Was boss 302 bad car ? I’m in market for one
Well, it was kind of a disappointment. I came out of a 615/598 whipple coupe to the stock Boss. I thought my tastes had matured to more of the refinement found in the S197, particularly the Boss. Nope, still like rowdy and raw. Like what rockyred already said, the low rpm torque of a blower car is where its at.

The Boss isn't a bad car, but to get the most out of it, you have to run it up in rpms, otherwise it feels like a normal car. The MT 82 transmission limitations are real at higher rpms and mine had < 1000 miles on it. Also, I feel like I could tinker with the Cobra more... IRS build, clutch upgrade, blower swap, drop it.... all sorts of mods; which I like to do. I felt like the Boss was a balanced car that should probably be left alone. Lots of plastic engine pieces on the Boss engine, too... intake, valve covers and so forth... nothing to really personalize.

Oh, btw.. if you do a clutch swap, you are likely to need to hook up the car to do a relearn of the crank position sensor. So you need Geek Squad and some sort of scan tool now to change a clutch.

Test drive one first. Some guys swear by them, but I bet they haven't driven an 03-04 Cobra. Nice car, very solid feeling and powerful... but we are spoiled with the gear-head value in the 03-04 Cobra.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Well, it was kind of a disappointment. I came out of a 615/598 whipple coupe to the stock Boss. I thought my tastes had matured to more of the refinement found in the S197, particularly the Boss. Nope, still like rowdy and raw. Like what rockyred already said, the low rpm torque of a blower car is where its at.

The Boss isn't a bad car, but to get the most out of it, you have to run it up in rpms, otherwise it feels like a normal car. The MT 82 transmission limitations are real at higher rpms and mine had < 1000 miles on it. Also, I feel like I could tinker with the Cobra more... IRS build, clutch upgrade, blower swap, drop it.... all sorts of mods; which I like to do. I felt like the Boss was a balanced car that should probably be left alone. Lots of plastic engine pieces on the Boss engine, too... intake, valve covers and so forth... nothing to really personalize.

Oh, btw.. if you do a clutch swap, you are likely to need to hook up the car to do a relearn of the crank position sensor. So you need Geek Squad and some sort of scan tool now to change a clutch.

Test drive one first. Some guys swear by them, but I bet they haven't driven an 03-04 Cobra. Nice car, very solid feeling and powerful... but we are spoiled with the gear-head value in the 03-04 Cobra.
Have you found your new Terminator already? I saw you were looking for a SOS pod for a vert so I'm guessing you did?
I did! I'm in the hunt to find an SOS dual-pod for it! Any leads?

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Thanks. MC convertible < 10k miles. All original. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a pod.
My dream Terminator. my sig 10th had under 10k when I got it. I'd sell mine in a heartbeat to be able to get into a MC car though.

that pod will turn up eventually I am in a few FB cobra groups. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

PumpkinMaster

Masterpiecepumpkins
Established Member
I have one of those pods and just returned my MC vert. back to stock, so don't really need it. But hadn't made up my mind to uninstalled it yet. Currently has a pair of Speedhut SVT red logo gauges: A/F wideband and Fuel pressure. I have no idea what to ask for them... Here's a bad pic of them when my coworker drove the car. If interested let me know what you are looking to spend for this setup. (Then I'll check that I still have the stock piece to replace them with.)

Attachments

• Ely.JPG
    Ely.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 42

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
I have one of those pods and just returned my MC vert. back to stock, so don't really need it. But hadn't made up my mind to uninstalled it yet. Currently has a pair of Speedhut SVT red logo gauges: A/F wideband and Fuel pressure. I have no idea what to ask for them... Here's a bad pic of them when my coworker drove the car. If interested let me know what you are looking to spend for this setup. (Then I'll check that I still have the stock piece to replace them with.)
I'd be interested. I have a set of speed hut gauges, but let me double-check to see what they are and get back to you. I also have a stock pillar if you need one.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
You have those True Forged tanks?

Users who are viewing this thread