Lower control arm popping.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
i had the LCAs replaced about 2 weeks ago and today the front end started making noise again. I thought the LCAs used were supposed to eliminate this issue? how many times have people been in to have their LCA's replaced? i know that there is a TSB out for it, but this is kinda silly to have the car going back into the shop to have this issue addressed again. anyone else have multiple LCA replacment?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
:cuss: low and behold i called ford and now the car stops making the noise. guess she was mad at me for taking the wifes car to work yesterday morning? seriously i have no idea WTF happend but it seems fine now :shrug:

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Sid that's the same thing mine does. Speed bumps and pulling into my inclined driveway. Makes a poppin noise and the ford service dept noticed and talked with ford engineering about it and replaced the control arm. When I get a break from work I'm gonna try to take it back in and let them know it's still there

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
mine front passenger was replaced 2 weeks after i bought it....its already starting to make the same noise again...

03-BLK-SNAKE

Established Member
My 12 GT now has 4000 miles on it and the driver's side LCA was replaced at 2000 miles. It is just now started to make the same popping and creeking noises that the first one made. :cuss: I was told that Ford has been aware of the issue and supposedly discontinued the original design of the LCA and now has an improved one which was what the dealer said they were installing. Obviously that was a line of BS. Calling them today to schedule another replacement. This sucks!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I had this happen once on a very low speed off camber U-Turn. I think it's probably more of an annoyance then a critical problem. But then, you really shouldn't be annoyed by a $40,000 car.

Users who are viewing this thread