Lower pulley setup now available... Repost with "BAD" parts deleted

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by n2fords2003
You all are dumbasses!

Go back to your hole in the ground!:bash: :cuss: :nono:

Us 03 guys try to help each other and give usefull feedback. Everything you mentioned has previously been discussed.

Last edited:

n2fords2003

Established Member
I understand someone posting a question that they dont understand. What I dont understand is people giving bad advice and acting like they know what their talking about. Im mostly talking about a form weeks ago that most everyone there wanted a lower pulley. I just feel that some times people dont think things through. Or maybe it's because they dont come to the same conclusion I do (which is wrong). Anyway, Im sorrow for my aptitude. It has not been the best day.

Last edited:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I understand someone posting a question that they dont understand. What I dont understand is people giving bad advice and acting like they know what their talking about. Im mostly talking about a form weeks ago that most everyone there wanted a lower pulley. I just feel that some times people dont think things through. Or maybe it's because they dont come to the same conclusion I do (which is wrong). Anyway, sorrow my aptitude. It has not been the best today.

Please read my first post again.

Originally posted by toofast4u
The problem with a lower pulley set-up on our cars is you are going to change the speed of the alternator also. I have also heard it is more of a PIA then the upper to change.

Does this sound like I was suggesting that changing the lower was a good idea. I personnaly don't think it it the best idea basically because of the alternator. Not only overspinning it, but the fact it is going to also increase your parasitical drag. If you want to post something negative please read the treads first.

lethal

Established Member
You all are dumbasses! You can get more boost out of the top pulley alone than the supercharger is made for. You are just pumping heat much past 13 or 14 pounds of boost. Now you want to pay over 3 times the cost of a top pulley and over driver your alternator because you dont think you could use a pulley puller. There are a lot of pieces to that kit. You all new to working on car that can’t understand simple cause and affect might want to stick with a one-piece top pulley.

How can you call people dumbasses -- this is a discussion, therefore everyone involved has now been insulted.

Anyway, Im sorrow for my aptitude. It has not been the best day.

The word is atitude, and next time please check it before you go posting like a child. Honestly, what a poor apology. Sheesh.

Lightningforce

Established Member
Lower Pulley Kits

Kom.

Upper pulleys, Lower Pulleys, Nitrous they all work and are all a personal preference.
Our larger pulleys in our kits will not spin the alternator more than 2-3 hundred additional rpms, max.
This will not hurt the alternator a bit. They will actually be more effcient at this range. Remember these alternators are programmed to perform to 7000 rpms. And can withstand rpms in excess of 8000. Even the thrust bearings are designed to withstand 10,000 rpms.

Mark/LFP

david smilovic

Established Member
It doesnt matter how you over tax the blower 12 Lbs. Ideal summer 14 winter and thats pushing it well above RED LINE of 14,000 at 14 Lbs your pushing 19500 and lots of heat loss and more heat sink between runs which is why we need an intercooler.David Smilovic (a good one)

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Well, there is such a thing as a regulator on the alternator. Overspinning the alternator (past stock anyway, not necessarily past design limits) won't make much difference if it already had headroom to produce the voltage/amperage that the regulator called for, stock.

At 7500 or 15000 RPM, the alternator will put out what the regulator calls for, up to a certain point of course...

Cobra'03

Established Member
I understand someone posting a question that they dont understand. What I dont understand is people giving bad advice and acting like they know what their talking about. Im mostly talking about a form weeks ago that most everyone there wanted a lower pulley. I just feel that some times people dont think things through. Or maybe it's because they dont come to the same conclusion I do (which is wrong). Anyway, Im sorrow for my aptitude. It has not been the best day.

If you have something to contribute that advances a thread, do it by all means. But you do not do your position any good by starting off with an insult - I too see folks all the time spouting well intentioned nonsense, but have found that you help them (and perhaps yourself some day when you need friends) more by establishing your credentials over time by well thought out posts, and leaving the name calling to the handful of hotheads on this Forum who cannot separate out criticism from an attack.

The other day someone posted that some oil was "water based" - it was tempting to call him a dumbass, but I held off.

Signed, one of the Dumbasses.

Lightningforce

Established Member
Alternator

Great alternator-regulator point Joe! I had failed to mention that. Came back this evening and you had beat me to it...:beer:

Mark/LFP

Last edited:

Blade

Just browsing....
Established Member
As someone who is looking at the 03 as a possible replacement when my Saleen is bought back... All this pulley stuff has me wondening. I hear people say to put the OEM pulley back on before taking the car into the dealer (assuming they are running the L. pulley). Is it possible for the dealer to download the computer and see how much boost you were really running?

Thanks.

Kev

Mordeth

Established Member
Re: Alternator

As immature and condescending as n2fords2003 posts are, he is pretty much correct as far as changing the lower pulley. There really is not much reason to do so. Modified roots type blowers become inneficient above 13 - 14psi. Mainly because above that level of boost manifold pressure will exceed the pressure in the blower(causing backflow), which of course causes an overall decrease in output, with an added problem of generating more heat. In other words, don't run more than 13-14psi of boost with this blower. And since you can get there with a 2.80" upper pulley which is cheap and relatively easy to install, there is no logical reason that I can determine that justifies purchasing and installing a lower pulley on this car.

The only reason I would consider a lower pulley is if someone could offer me one that was cheaper than an upper and easier to install. By no means should anyone be changing both.

Mordeth

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Re: Re: Alternator

Originally posted by Mordeth
And since you can get there with a 2.80" upper pulley which is cheap and relatively easy to install, there is no logical reason that I can determine that justifies purchasing and installing a lower pulley on this car.

The only reason I would consider a lower pulley is if someone could offer me one that was cheaper than an upper and easier to install. By no means should anyone be changing both.

Mordeth

I think some may be looking at replacing the lower rather than upper because they feel it won't show signs of being replaced as easily and thus their warranty won't be put in jeopardy....

Lightningforce

Established Member
Lower Pulley Option

The lower pulley kits that we are offering are an option. Not a modification that is used in conjunction with an upper. No more than a upper should/would be used with a lower.

Mark/LFP

Users who are viewing this thread