Lowering a 93 Conv.

TcM-668

I went with the Steeda Stage 1-3 suspension kit and did the SN-95 disk brake and axle swap on my 93, and I like the look, but I am getting wheel scrub on the wheel openings.

The back was bad enough to cut into the tread with 17x9 (Nitto 555 275x40x17s). I took a hammer and flattened out the wheel openings a bit, but it is still kind of bad Put the 17x8 Bullit takeoffs on it and it moved the tire inside the opening enough so that it don't cut the tire. up front, I have the 17x8 Bullit wheels with Goodyear 245x17 take offs and they scrub up front the same way on compression.

It seems like the Tokico 5 ways are loosing strenght, and allowing the car to sag. It seems to sit a little lower than when I first put them on (about 4 months ago)

I was thinking the springs may have lowered it too much, and or I got the wrong springs from my Steeda dealer.

I have BBK 17x9s on my 93 LX with the Nitto 555 275x40x17s all the way around, and I don't have any problems, but it has not been lowered, and I put the Edelbrock IAS shocks on it all the way around.

Any ideas ??

Thanks.

1qwkpny

Established Member
It depends on how much your springs lowered it from stock. My brothers car (91)has 245/45/17 front and 255/40/17 back with bbk lowering springs and only has a little bit of rubbing at full lock and compression. my car(89) with motorsport "b" springs and 235/45/17 front and 275/40/17 rear doesnt rub at all except when my kids are in back and under full compression but I did roll the rear fender lips.

Users who are viewing this thread