Lowering my 2010 GT500

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I have the Eibach Pro Street S tuned coil overs. .8 to 3" adjustable. I like the stance just fine

050-1.jpg

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
No offense, but if you have to ask what parts it will take to lower your car, I would strongly recommend staying away from hand picking each part until you learn alot more. I hand pick my parts because I have several years experience working on several Mustangs. And even still many times get it wrong.

Others will tell you what to buy and how to save money, but I would say for someone doing this for the first time who just spent big money on a GT500, that the way to go is with complete package from Evolution, that has been tested and works, right out of the box.

Yes, springs will get it done. But there is a lot more to it. Adj UPR, Panhard bar, Brackets, pinion angles, shock travel, spring rates, and vibration issues...etc etc etc. Not a simple, toss some springs on. You might as well just get a hack saw out and cut the springs like we use too in the old days.

And FRPP kit is not as complete as it should be. I would highly recommend looking Evolution or Roush and do it right, be done with it. And REALLY enjoy driving the car. I put a $1400 Roush suspension on my truck and I haven't touched it since. Best investment ever. You will spend a lot more in the long run trying to figure each part out....as I speak I have to change the rattle ridden UCA on my GT500 for something better.

Listen to this man, I have had 2 mustangs myself '96 Cobra, '03 Mach1 & I had to learn the hard way. Suspensions are very expensive and can drive you nuts if you buy the wrong items. If you want to have the best of the best just get Maximum Motorsports full adjutable coilover kit, BMR panhard bar, Steeda billet lower control arms & upper third link for lowered GT500's. I would suggest calling "MM" and telling them what you want to do with the car and let them make professional suggestions !!!

Six_Offender

Established Member
I love my Eibach pros, sits, just right.
DSC01125s.jpg

love the stance.:beer: what did you add to the eibachs? panhard, uca, lca... etc? some more specs please becuz i've been looking into eibach sportlines but im afraid it will be too much of a hassle. i might just go with the pro kit like yours.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
get a good set of springs and you will get the look you want! 600 bucks top! the handling will not be as good as stock but it does not sound like you mind.

if you want keep or improve handling with drop you will need more than springs.

the 3 systems i have heard great things from are
frpp
ground control
IMG_0812-1600.jpg

griggs(starts at $3600) - its more expensive but its the only one that adds the torque arm bar.

Leonard 95

Established Member
so basically to make the sportlines ride stock or better than stock all i would need is uca, lca, adj. panhard bar, and caster cambers? did you ever provide us with a picture?

When I did my sportlines, I did tokico d-specs shocks/struts, upper/lower rear control arms, adjustable panhard, relocation brackets and camber bolts, thats all, rides like stock with the d-specs 4 1/2 turns soft.

End results:

20a7y14.jpg

AlCaPwn

Established Member
Yes, if you support the sportlines with the proper uca, uca mount, lca's, lca relocation brackets, panhard bar, and caster/camber plates (i love my maximum motorsports ones), it should definately be as comfortable as stock and NO MORE body roll like stock woohoo! I hated how tall the car felt stock when turning quickly. It may even ride nice without those supporting mods but I wasn't taking any chances, as I knew that doing it all at once would give me a great ride and NO wheel hop whatsoever. that was what I was after and it worked out. Sorry no pictures yet, work is killing me. Luckily Leonard posted his above and that is how mine sits as well. I have stock wheels though and I am sure someone would like to see that look so I will try to get a pic or two this week. sorry I couldn't get it sooner :(

AlCaPwn

Established Member
nm Leonard has you covered! If it had 2010 mirrors and the bottom panels the stock black I would swear that is my car LOL!

Six_Offender

Established Member
alright guys good job. leo, your car looks badass. i guess i'll start piecing the stuff and install it in one shebang.

p.s. you think i could run 305/35/18 et streets with this set up? and to the op im sorry for the hi jack. it's just you brought up a great discussion.

Last edited:

ABN

Established Member
i have the full SVT handling pack on my GT500 2008, i would recommed it. when you go to Ford Racing Performance Parts [Home] its shows that the SVT handling pack is avalible for the 2010GT500, even thoe when you click on each item it says for 07-09 and the springs only say from 07-08. so i think ford just didnt update the links. the panhard bar is not required with this kit. i added the panhard bar just to lighten weight. with the FRPP springs it hardly even made the rear end off. you cant even tell. i mesured and its was less the 1/4 of an inch off. if you do get a panhard bar go with the Roush and the UCA Roush too. all the others on the market add more NVH to the car period. i dont care what any body else says. good luck with your choice. congrates on the 2010 GT500

I actually contacted Ford SVT recently to ask about whether I needed an adjustable panhard bar or any other parts in addition to the FRPP GT500 handling pack for my 09 GT 500. The person from SVT stated he was an engineer and that the answer was no. He also said that the rear is not thrown off center by the kit, so the adjustable panhard bar was not necessary. Although he stated that the package improves the handling and turns at high speed, he did indicate that it does not eliminate the wheel hop per se.

So, like some people on this board and other boards, I am slightly confused as to what I actually need to lower the car (no racing) that results in no additional noise, clunks, harshness, etc, if I went with the FRPP kit. Also, I want to install FRPP 3.73 gears, but have read many stories about gear whine and vibration even when installed by the dealer. I guess nothing is simple with these cars. If only Ford got the suspension and gearing right in the first place with the 07-09 GT 500s, eh? I thought about the 2010, but I think it is possible an IRS may be just a few years off (I miss my 03 Cobra).

fastlif

Established Member
I only put FRPP springs on mine for now. NO panhard bar so I guess my ass is clowning. My rear is less than 1/16" to the left. Its only a streetcar and I have had no ill effects to handling. I intend to do LCA, UCA, panhard etc but its no emergency, it was an emergency IMO to get rid of the 4x4 look.

IMG_7826.jpg

Last edited:

ABN

Established Member
And anyone who says that when you lower a gt500 and dont need an adjustable panhard bar is an ass clown!

Well, the SVT guy wouldn't be the only one. Although, many swear by the adjustable panhard bar. If SVT said that it was recommended, I'd have no problem installing one with the FRPP kit. It wasn't like if the answer was "yes", I wouldn't buy the FRPP kit. What I want is to have the FRPP warranty intact (limited, I know), but if you add other after market parts, then it may be voided. One question is why doesn't FRPP make one if it really is needed when you lower the car? How much more could that possibly add to the overall kit price? Hence, the confusion.

AlCaPwn

Established Member
Six, you can definately run that size back tire on a suspension like ours. Tire companies reccommend you run a little wider wheel than the stock 9.5 though.

mixxer

Established Member
You also need a 3rd link [uca] to set pinion angle when lowering car but the ford kit doesnt come with that either. Thats why its not a complete kit.

AlCaPwn

Established Member
Agreed on the UCA. I had to adjust my pinion angle quite a bit, but my springs do sit the car much lower than FRPP.

gtcpa

Established Member
I put the ford racing springs all the way around also. I think they lowered the car 1 and 1/4". Did it in my garage with a friend in about 2 hours. Jack stands and a hydraulic lift jack. I also went with an adjustible panhard bar. Make sure you get your car aligned after you do this. Because I did not lower it any further, I did not need to get the pinion angle changed.

Really, not much else is needed than this if you are going to just drive it on the street.

However, if you want to get the most out of your car performance wise, listen to Mixxer. I have used Evolution for performance items and have been very happy with them, and nobody knows these cars any better then them.

sp500025.jpg

sp500013.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread