Lowering the Rear a little more!

1PT21GW

Established Member
I am looking to lower and level my L just a little bit more.

I already did Bell-Tech Springs in the front that lowered the front about an inch front the stock L height. That is just the way I like the Front.

I put Bell-Tech Drop Shackles to drop the rear 2".

So I want to lower the rear about another inch. So I can still use it for towing, hauling, etc. but get more of a level look.

Does anyone have any ideas that is relatively inexpensive?

Thanks for your help in advance !

Later,

1PT21GW

Established Member
Whatcha you talkin about Rick? (in a arnold from dif'rent strokes tone of voice)

Did you get into this too or did you just do the drop shackles?

You never cease to amaze me !!

By the way..... your links for your photos on your web site did not seem to be working.

Jason

By the way (again) Just got done with Breezer Rear Window, It looks KILLER and was a piece of cake to install. Just FYI.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Jason - If you've already put the rear shackles in and you still want to go lower in the back then you will have to do the rear spring hangers next. I don't know of a longer shackle and don't know if I'd use it if it were available. (Too much flex).

I've got the 2" shackles in the back and bell tech springs in the front. I dropped 1-1/2" in the front with the springs. Right now I'm about 5/8" higher in the back which is about the right amount for rake for me. I've thought about taking the shackles out and putting Hotchkis springs in but I don't think I'll go that way bacause I've heard they have a fairly harsh ride.

Let's see some pics of the Breezer window. :D

Thanks for the feedback about the photos page on my site. Yeah I knew it was not working properly. I'm in the process of redoing it but I've had several other things that I needed to work on first.

TampaSVT

Established Member
Jason:

Just do what Rick(FlaSVT) does.

Buy a couple of thousand $ worth of mods and just leave them in the back without installing them. Should lower it atleast an inch.

Hey, it's better than doing those hangers....

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Dang it Rich, now you've let the cat out of the bag. :D Guess I'll have to start locking the bed cover now. :D

Most of the stuff I’ve bought has been removed from the bed of the truck and taken up strategic positions. That means they have been stashed where the wife won’t run across them before I can install them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread