Mach 1 vs C5 Vette

Paul B

Established Member
Anybody here ran a C5 Vette with their Mach? I got these 2 guys at work talking huge trash about how their going to smoke me. I believe they will beat me, but I think its going to be alot closer then they think. Any input?

Captain Hook

Established Member
I've run both a firebird and camaro. Both were wins for me but these were not standards nor anything done to them. They would be basically the same thing as a C5. I would think there might be a small weight difference though. Go ahead and mouth back. If you did lose it wouldnt be by much. I'm sure in the end they would respect it reguardless. Of course you could always give them the big "well I've got 281ci to your 346ci".......lol :-D

N20D5OH

Established Member
I ran my buddies mildly modded C5 from a roll when I was stock. He put about 1.5-2 cars on me, but he knew from a stop he'd have his hands full.

quickcarsrus

BANNED MORON
what year c5 ?, im sure the year aint no different 1997-newer or is it ?, the mach would give it a good damn run, they got a automatic mach 1 in the 13.5's and the stick in high 12's, the c5 does it in 13.3's

N20D5OH

Established Member
My buddies is a '99. It ran 12.9 @ 110 with a lid and a catback. That's going to be pretty tough for a stock Mach to touch, especially from a roll. My car ran 13.26 @ 104 stock, just so you don't think I'm a shitty driver or anything. :)

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Most "stock" C5's are going to be about par with the Mach 1's.
I raced a brandy new C5 out of a toll booth last week ....he got the jump(went through toll faster) but by the end of second I was even and then I hit third and pulled a car and a half on him by the end of third. He shut down then...

Its still pretty cool that we have a car that will hang with and even beat in a straight line, a car that cost ALOT more!

Paul B

Established Member
1 down, 1 to go.
My buddy I work with has an 01 vette with an automatic. We started at 50mph. I started in 3rd and by the time we got to 130 I had had 1 1/2 car lengths on him. We backed off at 130. He did have a passenger with him and I was alone. I'm still happy though.
The other guy at work has an 03 50th annv. Vette with a 6 speed, exhaust, Z06 airbox and a few other things. He's been talking huge trash that it wont even be a contest. I cant wait now. Dont think Im going to win, but he'd better not be playing.

Cobras_Rule

The Terminator Rules
Established Member
go put in some 4.10's real quik and a short throw shifter and that should make it interesting =]:burnout: :burnout:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Paul B
1 down, 1 to go.
My buddy I work with has an 01 vette with an automatic. We started at 50mph. I started in 3rd and by the time we got to 130 I had had 1 1/2 car lengths on him. We backed off at 130. He did have a passenger with him and I was alone. I'm still happy though.
The other guy at work has an 03 50th annv. Vette with a 6 speed, exhaust, Z06 airbox and a few other things. He's been talking huge trash that it wont even be a contest. I cant wait now. Dont think Im going to win, but he'd better not be playing.

What did your first buddy have to say about your victory :D ?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by Paul B

i would go against the second from a lower speed. lets 30-40 or better yet from a dig. the 6 speed is a little faster than the mach 1. just outdrive him. because these cars are so even it will be close.
also dont go above 110. thats the typical 1/4 run and because the vette is lighter, has more power. and have better aero they tend to pull are cars above 100mph.

most of the vettes i have seen run low 13's but generally run 107-109.

it would be awesome to take him down stock, but whatever the outcome you will earn his respect.:beer:

Paul B

Established Member
My buddy that was riding with the guy with the Vette said around 100 he was going "Holy s**t, hes pulling away from me". Then around 120 he said "that is one fast a$$ Mustang". Were good friends and when we got stopped I didnt rub it in, I just said that was pretty close. He said, "no it wasnt, you pulled me by 2 cars, very impressive".
The guy with the 50th annv. Vette I dont expect to beat, but I want to race him from a stand still. I know the Mach will launch better then the Vette, so if I can get a good start I think I can take him up to about 100. We'll see.

Ford4me

AMERICAN!!!
Established Member
Dudes, I just purchased my 03 Mach last Monday. I have 400 miles on it. My son has an 03 Cobra and we are having a blast. The only true test I have had was with a modified GT with 4:10 gears and a few other minor mods. He pulled us hard in low gear but when we shifted to third at 80 miles an hour and 5,000 RPM's it was see you later baby. We got one hell of a rush out of it. Not bad for a couple of 50 year old gear heads.

Users who are viewing this thread