Magnaflow Muffler....

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
I just received my Magnaflow muffler from JDM yesterday will install next week.....but I'm wondering how much if any hp can I expect.I know Jim runs the Magnaflow on his 2001. he advised me this is a good setup w/everything else stock on the exhaust....what do you guys think?

Last edited:

LTNBOLT

Blown Member
Established Member
He's right. I've been running one for a year. I think you might gain about 6 HP from what I've heard. It's not much but it's better than a loss or no gain at all. Stay with the stock size on your tailpipes and make sure the bends are clean. It will be a little louder than stock but a few weeks later it will sound just right.

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
DON'T KNOW PART #...BUT I ASKED JIM WHAT HE USES ON HIS TRUCK,AND HE TOLD ME HE HAD IT IN STOCK SO HE SHIPPED ME ONE :)

Autothrottle

Established Member
The 14568 is Stainless Steel

The 12568 is Aluminized

If you would like to spend an extra $30 - $40 for the stainless. I would just stick with the Aluminized. I'm not going to polish my muffler when you can't even see it:)

Chainsaw13

Established Member
If you live in anywhere near snow, spend the extra money and get the stainless. Those aluminized won't last but a couple seasons from all the road salt.

There's a couple different models as well.

14568/12568 are 22" long bodies, 28" overall
14468/12468 are 18" long bodies, 24" overall

Check out the magnaflow website for more info.

http://www.magnaflow.com/03dd.htm

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread