Major chip problem

lightningfastsvt

Established Member
Yesterday I installed my new Diablosport chip and it cause alot of engine problems. First time I installed the chip, no crank. I went back and cleaned the connectors even more and still no crank. I got sand paper and sanded down the connectors to see if any clear coat might still be on there and still no crank. My old chip worked fine so I don't know why this was a problem. I did this over and over again and the truck would not start. Then when I went to install the old chip (hypertech) It started then died halfway up the block. I ended up driving it home with out any chip. When I did get it started though, (with no chip), the over drive was not working (the light was flashing on and off) and the car would accelerate and without changing gears or loosing rpm's the engine would just get really weak like some of the spark plugs weren't responding. And the shifting was hard enough to give me whip lash. Has anyone ever had this problem with a chip before? What should I do? Is this a bad chip? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Call Jim @ JDM...........He'll help,w/questions
If all these Diablo guys would learn that Diablo 80% of the time sucks, then we wouldn't have these problems.... I guess the figure the name "Diablo" means" better chip" in spanish.

DR.D

Established Member
WTH

SVTMAN, I just noticed you have "new engine" in your sig. Why is that? You have a 2001 so what the heck happened? I just got one -black 01, and it makes me wonder. These trucks are really awesome but I really don't want a life of fighting with ford and being a regular customer at the local dealer service department. Seems like the Ls have a few serious flaws. Can you clarify? I saw someone else with a 01 on his 3rd i/c , 1 replaced head and 2nd engine. WTH?

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Let's just say you have little to worry about w/ the engine.
I can't get into specifics, but unless you're stupid like I was, you shouldn't have a problem.
Just keep moddin w/JDM, and everything will be alright :)

01SLVRLight

Diablo Chip

I guess I've been lucky with my Diablo chip so far. It's worked 100% of the time for me. Only thing I can think of is maybe some of the terminals are not connecting as well.

Bill
2001 Silver Lightning
[email protected] (2.01 60ft)
JL diablo chip
PSP lower pulley

PFA

Established Member
Originally posted by 2001SVTMAN
I can't get into specifics, but unless you're stupid like I was, you shouldn't have a problem.
So, for all of us '01 owners, we should only buy JDM stuff?
What could be so bad about what happened that you couldn't share with the rest of the Lightning community? It can't be that embarrassing!

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
well

Originally posted by Speedin Bob
Did you tell the Diablo tuner what program your PCM was?

CUX1
CUX2
CUXN

just a thought

When I ordered my chip from Julie at JDM, I asked her if she needed the code and she said no. I assume she already knew what I had and all 01's have the same code. Please tell me this is the case :dw:

easterisland

Established Member
Originally posted by 2001SVTMAN
I emailed you about a month ago asking what went wrong. I haven't heard anything back. I use a Diablo chip, no problems. Is there something I should know? Why don't you post your entire story, or email me privately. If there is a major problem that you know about post it so everyone will know.

Speedin Bob

Established Member
Dan,

Some 99 and 00 owners have had their PCM's reflashed to the 00 or 01 program.

Not sure if anyone has gone in reverse order but it is possible. To do this though, you have to buy an entire new PCM, pats system change, (read: big hassle). I'm sure i'll be corrected if I'm wrong here. ;)

Since the 01 is relatively new, I would feel confident you have the CUXN program therefore Julie knew what program to build from. :D

My post was more for the benefit of 99 and 00 owners but it was a GOOD QUESTION. Thanks for asking.

:D

SB

Jim@JDM

Insane SVT Poster
Hey guys,

The 01 computer code is CXN1.
You can update a 99 CUX1 to a 00 which is a CUX2 but you can not go in reverse or update a 99 or 00 to an 01.
There are six pins relocated on the computer.

Diablo does have a four bank chip.
What this means is that they can turn a CXN1 which is a 01 into CUX2 which is a 00.
Which is bad.The truck will run faster and make more hp and they will have control of torque control lock up, but the six relocated pins cause problems.

Hope this helps.
Jim@JDM

Users who are viewing this thread