Major Mods Round 2

Entrenched

Established Member
So I posted before that I trashed the clutch on my last trip to the track. I decided to do some major upgrades while I had the clutch out.

Added a Saleen grill and C/S valance
472.jpg

Roush side splitters
479.jpg

GT500 Brembos, Goodridge stainless brake lines, Super Blue Fluid, painted rear calipers, Koni SRT struts and shocks, MM front endlinks, FRPP sway bar bushings front and rear, FRPP rear endlinks
462.jpg

464.jpg

461.jpg

Welded axle tubes, Detroit True Trac, LPW cover, CHE axle brace, Painted rear housing
456.jpg

454.jpg

458.jpg

459.jpg

Mcleod RXT, JPC stainless clutch line, GT500 pedal assy, CHE DS safety loop, Boss LS Trans cooler. Stock clutch had a very loose spring, PP had two bolts backed out, and a few bent fingers. New clutch feels great and the transmission no longer balks at going into reverse and first gear. The clutch does release very high but I have the Ram pedal adjuster coming to fix the issue (at the suggestion of Mcleod).
451.jpg

467.jpg

Thanks to Tousley Ford, Lethal Performance, and Sam Strano for helping me get the right combination of parts. Thanks to Hoyt's Automotive for letting me use a lift. Thanks to Ryan "the delivery boy" Ebert (who had my transmission out of the car before the pizza guy could make it to the shop), Fred Palmer, and Chad Prescott for the free labor.

Rick is coming on Friday to work on finalizing my tune and the off to the track on Sunday to hopefully get my 10 sec time slip.

Last edited:

Entrenched

Established Member
Mods

what are you engine mods?

Stock engine, Procharger Stage II D1SC, ARH 1 7/8, Maganflow Comp catback, Amazon Tune, 60lb injectors, KB boost a pump, Brisk plugs, Boss intake manifold

Coming soon: Amazon Fuel rails, Precision 46MM wastegate, True Boost gauge, e85 capable fuel system (as soon as it becomes available)

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
with all that i'd be expecting 9's... you should be running 10's on that setup all day no problem.

Entrenched

Established Member
Looks great! Congrats on the new mods. How much did the GT500 Brembo setup run you?

My car was already a brembo car so the powdercoated gloss black calipers were just under $500 from Tousley. I've already sold the stock brembos locally and made my money back on them. Lines front and back were $160. Hawk pads front and back were $120. Fluid was $30. Rotors were $320 but haven't come in yet.

W:rolling:W. Nice round of mods. I especially like the suspension setup. Can't imagine what "Major Mods Round 3" will bring.:beer:

Photo Gallery...........................Website............................Modifications
gotimesig.jpg

Have a great day eh !_____________________________________Dave

Thanks. Round 3 will be Precision 46mm wastegate, AEM Tru Boost, BMR boxed subframes, BMR k member, PST Carbon Fiber Driveshaft!!! Then I have to start working to get my Cobra road worthy.

Love the setup. Brakes look good. Get some videos of that thing coming off the line!!:eek:

I will have plenty of video. I may even try to make it on Pass Time!

kingnut

Established Member
wow alot of sweet mods. i like the fact you painted the rear end. looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread