Me Racing a 95 Mustang Gt

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
good eye, but why didnt your eye recognize the 94-95 rims? It sure as hell didnt sound like a modular, and your right the modulars arnt that fast but that guys car runs 9.20's with a shitty driver on Radials. Sounds like a 302 motor to me. :)

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by billyfe390
from the tailights it looked like a 96-98 and most bicycles can out run those.

Good kill I guess.

I'd say 95 cause of wheels and vid said 95 GT, any ways good kill:beer:

billyfe390

Banned
Originally posted by 1989CobraMakeOv
good eye, but why didnt your eye recognize the 94-95 rims? It sure as hell didnt sound like a modular, and your right the modulars arnt that fast but that guys car runs 9.20's with a shitty driver on Radials. Sounds like a 302 motor to me. :)

Easy dam wasnt trying to flame. I could barely see anything muchless hear it so chill out. I assume you are talking 1/8th mile time and even then thats mid 14's.

rims are definately from 95 gt, tail-lights are switched to the 4.6 models though, i had a friend that used to do that with his 5.0 to make ppl think it was slow....haha

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
Thanks guys! :)

Originally posted by billyfe390
Easy dam wasnt trying to flame. I could barely see anything muchless hear it so chill out. I assume you are talking 1/8th mile time and even then thats mid 14's.

The reason i said he ran 9.20's with a shitty driver was to show that it was quick and is easliy a 8 second car with a good driver and that it must of been a 5.0 because its hard for 96-98 modulars to put those times up. No flame intended. Just didnt want my kill discredited. :)

billyfe390

Banned
Thanks guys! :)

The reason i said he ran 9.20's with a shitty driver was to show that it was quick and is easliy a 8 second car with a good driver and that it must of been a 5.0 because its hard for 96-98 modulars to put those times up. No flame intended. Just didnt want my kill discredited. :)

No I really didnt intend to come across that way sorry I reread what I wrote and it did seem trashy.

Sorry man

GotGrunt

Established Member
I like the adult section of your FTP site... lol

Devon Room Service :bowdown: :lol:

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
and your right the modulars arnt that fast but that guys car runs 9.20's with a shitty driver on Radials.
HaHaHa...now that is some funny ass shit right there. Modulars are slow...what a joke of the day.

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
96-98 modulars(sohc) are dogs compared to the newer modulars, and they run about as good as a stock fox motor, but you can do alot more with a 302 for ALOT lss than what you can do with a modular. So, yes for the most part the 96-98 modulars were slow, and people that own them cant really make um "fast" because its cost like 2 g for decent heads.

89:D

billyfe390

Banned
96-98 modulars(sohc) are dogs compared to the newer modulars, and they run about as good as a stock fox motor, but you can do alot more with a 302 for ALOT lss than what you can do with a modular. So, yes for the most part the 96-98 modulars were slow, and people that own them cant really make um "fast" because its cost like 2 g for decent heads.

89:D

True they are dogs but you can do what I did and find a blown up 99+ motor and put the PI heads on it. I think I have 600 in the whole thing now and I have about 285 at the crank. I wish to hell I would have known more about the cobras before I bought my GT because at the same lot they had a black 97 cobra for 3k more.

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
yea my buddy has a 98 gt and the motor went out and he put ANOTHER 98 sohc motor back in it!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!! I was pissed as hell. I could of got him a 99 cobra motor for the same as what he paid for that thing he put in it.

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
Originally posted by SALEENGTROUSH
it looked like that 95 gt was commin up hard at the light, then it looks like he actually missed a gear:shrug:

What happen was we raced earlier from 20 up and i killed him, so when we raced from a stop(the vid) i knew i would beat him(well i knew i would beat him because i knew what he ran) so i decided to go to about 4500 and let off but even when i did that he still didnt pull me so i just took off. The accelaration you saw was me using nitrous, my car runs sub 7.80's ;-) Thats why I beat him. Here is a site where i have a video of my car running a sub 7.80 time.

my 7 second pass

Here is a thread with my car.........It is before the nitrous install, The best ive ran my car on motor has been 8.60 @79, but that was before the install of 26lb injectors, and adj. fuel reg, and my 3000 9 inch convertor.

before and after pics

89:-D

Users who are viewing this thread