Meets around 249 and the beltway?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The police have been cracking down on the hotspots since that stupid Houston Underground Racing piece the local fox affiliate ran. We got ran off from our usual hotspots of 249 and beltway.

wreckit

Established Member
Usually on my way home from work, around 12am or so, would always see a race or two. But now, nothing!
PM me some spots you hear about. know about the katy area, but sometimes do not like driving way out there to sit around.

chao5.0

Established Member
there are a bunch of marks on the feeder between the beltway and 249 intersection and the Gessner exit so that area might be a little hot for police action for the time being. I think it was the guys from stance doing some kind of street outlaws wanna be stuff.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
yup...all thanks to Pakistance's interview with foxnews...in a nutshell... shameless self promoter trying to promote his street legal events as an alternative to street racing.

There were several funny ass memes going around at the time that piece aired.

Stance shop owner

026243A2-457D-4822-9B68-2CF748E508E8_zpsmm49w91u.jpg

e66st5.png

reporter

2ccaqu.png

chao5.0

Established Member
I've met him a few times but never gave much thought, just figured he was someone trying to promote his business. At TX2K a few years back he was trying to get my buddy and a bunch of other people to do some roll races in a huge group but we saw to many cops so we just bailed so that whole legal street racing thing is BS. I have no problem with someone promoting their stuff but don't throw others under the bus to gain an advantage. when I saw the youtube clip of the "real texas street outlaws" I laughed because there wasn't one serious TX2K car there and it looked like a bunch of 10 or 11 sec cars.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
yeah the whole clip was laughable, it unfortunately cast the police agencies around in here in a negative light, as in not doing enough to stop it. You can bet your ass they are now!

wreckit

Established Member
I watched it the night it aired and could not believe someone would actually give an interview on what little underground we have left!
What a total shit fart!

when driving from the beltway passing 59 and 45, there are normally plenty of roll races when i would be leaving work. Now, you see cops just posted up between 10p-12p...
Which is why I wanted to see if there is anything else going on, coffee and cars, meet and greets, and night meets just to see what is left.

I too live in the Cypress location and it is starting to sound really quiet at night.:cryying:

chao5.0

Established Member
yesterday my fiancé said C&C was going on a vintage park and even at 5 p.m. there were still some people there showing off by driving like maniacs. this is why all of the areas are going away, its not because the racing is dangerous its because people are morons. I have no issue with show boating provided you can handle your car but don't do it at a meet or long after the meet is done because all they do is attract attention to the area. I think if you are to have gatherings again it will have to be where you meet up and go eat somewhere and hang out that way instead of standing in a parking lot all night because that will just attract the wrong crowd and cops again.

when I took my sons to MSR earlier this year they had a BRZ club meet up and go karting there, they seemed cool and they managed to avoid all the non sense that comes with meeting in a parking lot by having a organized meet with something to do.

wreckit

Established Member
Found a new Friday spot.
---------- (Pm me for details). Saw a bunch of cars out in the parking lot there just sitting around talking. Look pretty chill. No cars doing burnouts or stupid crap like that.

May start bringing out the vettte and cobra soon.

Still waiting on a few upgrades as i am pretty much stock with the cobra.

Last edited:

wreckit

Established Member
All my locals out there. PM me for meet nights. Have a new spot this group is trying to setup this week.

Users who are viewing this thread