Meguires Gold Class vs. Zaino

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
I know this topic is probably beat to death but I recently made a surprising self discovery..

I've been a long fan of Zaino but recently when I bought my 03 Cobra did not have any Zaino on hand.. Feeling pretty excited about my new car I wanted to waste no time in getting out there and detailing it so instead of waiting for some Zaino to arrive I thought I'd give meguires Gold Class Carnuba wax a go. it's pretty popular stuff with a great following so I figured, heck I'll try it for myself and see..

I Prepped my paint with some Swirl mark remover using a Foam polishing pad and all the little things you have to do, Clay Bar, etc.

Applied a coat of Gold class and thought it did a great job.. Very shiny, slick to the touch, etc. I was satisfied at the results. The water beading was not bad either. The next weekend I applied another coat just for good measure and basically noted the same results.. Didn't notice it being any more shiny or reflective and water beading was about the same..

So, just recently my Zaino pals at work were giving me a hard time because they've been putting Zaino on their cars so I ordered some replacement Zaino and recently set out to strip the Meguires off my car, prep, etc and applied the Zaino. Holy COW what a difference. I mean a difference you can actually SEE!. The Clear coat never seemed to be quite this reflective with the Gold class and the color even seemed to be much brighter. In fact one day heading into work the flat half inch section at the bottom of our window along the door caught the sun and relfected it right into my eyeballs like it was a mirror!. Ahh!.

Anyhow, I've got about 3 coats of Zaino on the car now and let me tell you the Water beading is INSANE!. Instead of big sloppy puddles with the gold class it's tight little round beads ontop of beads all over..

I gotta say I learned the difference between these two products first hand so I urge anyone to give some a try if you curious.. You must might be surprised.

B.

P.S. I'll get some pics soon!.

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
i'll stick to clearkote..... :rockon:

newhome-logo2.gif

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
actually i think a lot of people go from Meguiar's to Zaino to Clearkote/Poorboys/Klasse... i'm a ClearKote nut myself heh. Zaino gives kind of a fake shine to it... if u compare two cars next to each other, one with zaino and the other with clearkote... u too will probably think that the zaino gave a fake shine... just my opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread