MGW Handle Rocks!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Using the stock shifter I added the MGW, fully adjustable handle. The quality is excellent. The parts are all bagged separately. Here is how the kit came:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
There is no comparison to the stock handle. The stock unit has a gigantic rubber piece in the bolt area. This is the major reason the shifter has a "rubbery feel". The MGW can be used with small rubber washers (I used this application) or a thick rubber pad (I imagine it would replicate the stock feel), both supplied. The shift action now has the metallic "snick-snick" that was missing. No significant change in NVH, just positive feedback.

Thirty minute job, the allen wrenches are supplied, you will neet a 10mm socket to get the stock bolts out and a 1/2" socket to tighten the lock-nuts on the MGW (something the stock setup doesn't have).

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
And the after:

I used the adjustment in the lowest height allowable, but retaining the stock curvature of the knob placement. I have fairly short arms (5'9") and I no longer have to twist my shoulders (or hips) to reach fifth.

The knob stalk is variable in height and rotation. The kit comes with rubber washers to use inside the leather boot to keep the boot stable. It is obvious that MGW did their homework on this piece, and I would recommend it to anyone, whether for use with the stock shifter, or an aftermarket one.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Here's a shot of my setup. Pro 5.0 shifter, MGW handle, and MGW Gripper knob. It makes an awesome combination!

U.M.

cubes

Established Member
The MGW handle has a shorter reach than the stock one? I too don't like the far reach to 5th gear. The second pic looks like the stock handle has the shorter reach. There is enough adjustment to shorten the reach? I was thinking about going with a steeda handle but I have heard alot of good things about the MGW. I know that a longer handle will make the throw a little longer, but I think better comfort will be easier to powershift.

Last edited:

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
Here's a shot of my setup. Pro 5.0 shifter, MGW handle, and MGW Gripper knob. It makes an awesome combination!

U.M.

Nice looking setup. Almost a shame to cover it up ;-)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by cubes
The MGW handle has a shorter reach than the stock one? I too don't like the far reach to 5th gear. The second pic looks like the stock handle has the shorter reach. There is enough adjustment to shorten the reach? I was thinking about going with a steeda handle but I have heard alot of good things about the MGW. I know that a longer handle will make the throw a little longer, but I think better comfort will be easier to powershift.
The second pic is the MGW and it is much shorter and completely adjustable for height and position. I have it in the standard position, almost to the bottom of the adjustment. It is 100% better than stock for powershifting...

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
Originally posted by BrianR
Thanks for the info and pics, I just ordered one. :thumbsup:

Me too, looks like just the fix I need.

Users who are viewing this thread