microfiber towels

Hillbilly Cobra

Established Member
Sams Club microfiber towels work great + they are very inexpensive !!! Just a suggestion, might want to check them out.

Litncru

Rejuvenate Your MicroFiber Towels

Another little tip to keep those Microfiber towels alive. After cleaning them Boil them in Water for 10 to 20 minutes. This will make the towels like new.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
tropi-care.com said:
Here's a simple test to try on your microfiber towels:

Lightly rub them across an old CD. If it scratches the CD, it will also scratch your paint surface.

Wash the polish removal towels in hot water with liquid detergent to release the polish residue from the fibers. Followed by cold water rinse and add 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar (microfiber's fabric softner) for each microfiber towel to release all detergents from the fabrics.

Towels can either be dried on cool setting or line dried to prevent shrinking or static cling.

I would never use hot water to wash your towels. It is the same as washing cotton in hot water as it will shrink the fabric, only so much more with microfiber. This is what I've been told by those who make the stuff.

If you want a good wash, use the microfiber wash from Sonus that you can get at Autotopia.com. Wash on cold or warm and either air dry or dry on warm or cool.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
MF towels are a synthetic fiber. Hot water is fine. It is the dryer that shrinks stuff.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
I found this on www.autopia.org:

MAINTAINING MICROFIBER
I've read a lot of tips on how to clean and care for microfiber. It's really very simple.

The best general purpose cleaner is a liquid detergent. It's better to use too little than too much. Liquid is recommended over powder because some powders do not completely dissolve and the granules will lodge in the toweling.

Wash in cold water only. Warm water can be tolerated, but hot water cannot. Polyester and polyamide both shrink in hot water. If you wash in hot water the fibers will shrink and the towel will not perform as intended.

Do not use fabric softeners of any kind. The softener will become lodged in the microfiber reducing its ability to absorb water, clean and pick up dirt. In short, you'll have a soft towel that's useless.

Do not dry above medium heat. Treat microfiber towels the same as you would your delicate clothing. Drying with high heat is worse that washing in hot water.

Just recently, a cleaning solution was developed specifically for cleaning microfiber towels. I tested a product called Micro-Restore Detergent that claims to effectively remove dirt without using the bleaches and softeners commonly found in laundry detergents. After cleaning several loads of dirty towels, I made the switch. My towels now seem to last longer and don't get matted down.

Last edited:

Scott P

Established Member
I've been washing my MF towels in hot or warm water without any adverse effects. I also use Micro-restore. Then again, I sell the stuff, so I am a bit biased. :)

If using a normal laundry detergent, be sure to look for one that is free of bleach or fabric softeners. Usually, the "Free" versions are this way. I think Sears has a good "Free of extras" detergent around.

I put mie in the dryer on low heat and dry until just slightly damp. Drying too long leads to a staic build-up. If this is transferred to the car, dust attraction could result.

spree

Established Member
I wash mine in warm water with Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator. They come out looking great all the time...although I'm not too high on Micro Rejuvenator's cleaning ability. I air dry them afterwards.

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
Scott P said:
I've been washing my MF towels in hot or warm water without any adverse effects. I also use Micro-restore. Then again, I sell the stuff, so I am a bit biased. :)

If using a normal laundry detergent, be sure to look for one that is free of bleach or fabric softeners. Usually, the "Free" versions are this way. I think Sears has a good "Free of extras" detergent around.

I put mie in the dryer on low heat and dry until just slightly damp. Drying too long leads to a staic build-up. If this is transferred to the car, dust attraction could result.

I thought you wanted the static build up on the towels because it aids in its cleaning ability. I use Sonus Wunder Wasche and it works great. My towels stay far plusher and softer than before, but I make sure I was them in cold water and air dry. That's just me though.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
How are you guys getting the wax and polish out of your towels if you only wash them in cold water? I rinse mine out in hot water by hand first then wash on gentle warm/cold cycle, I use just enough Tide Free liquid soap to wash them, add white vinegar during the rinse cycle and then tumble dry them on low. thanks 2881

Last edited:

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
How are you guys getting the wax and polish out of your towels if you only wash them in cold water? I rinse mine out in hot water by hand first then wash on gentle warm/cold cycle, I use just enough Tide Free liquid soap to wash them, add white vinegar during the rinse cycle and then tumble dry them on low. thanks 2881

The Sonus Wunder Wasche that I use works fine every time, no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread