Mid x pipe prices

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
What is the going rate for a Magnaflow x with cats, and a Bassini x with cats. I've got a price for each with out shipping 390 for the Mag's and 450 for the Bassini's. Are they good prices?

Rwick7

Established Member
Sounds about right Call Houston Performance they have the best prices I have found on them. Good Luck

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Thanks StlBlack03, do you get any poping sound (inturnally backfire) because of the Magnaflow x cat pipe as you are coasting? I know I got'em with my Bassini on my 99 cobra and I'm tring to avoid that sound in the car. I've talked to the R boys and they reported the same with there factory Bassini x pipe, it might just be the nature, I just don't know.:shrug:

Rwick7

Established Member
I'm not sure...There is no loud cackling if that is what you mean. When downshifting it rumbles a bit...but nothing that sounds poppy. I wouldn't think there would be much of a difference between the Bassani and Magna. I had a bassani on my GT with magnaflow mufflers and didn't notice much cackling either. I think the offroad versions get the popping. Good Luck either way.

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
thats why im scared to go with the magnaflow setup with x pipe , i dont want that popping sound, my cousin put an exhaust on his vette and it pops so loud when slowing down, the american thunder flows i had on my 2000 gt were the best i've ever heard , sucks that they dont produce as much horses as the others

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
anybody have sound clips of that? i really love the flow sound , and im sure the mac will give out more horses then the flows

Ron Short

Established Member
If you use the MagnaFlow X w/cats, you shouldn't get any popping or back-firing sounds unless you're running way too rich. Even then it's minimal on the cat pipe. A little more on the off-road version, but it'll seldom do it if the tune is in the money. The reason it doesn't do this nearly as often as others too is from it using a true X crossover section, not a chambered crossover. It scavages and balances better, and it stays affective higher in the bandwidth than a chambered crossover. Power goes up as well. For pricing, I'm not allowed to say, but feel free to e-mail me to see what I can get one to you for.

Last edited:

B-O-B'03

Established Member
A few of us Dallas guys bought our Magnaflow from Full Line Exhaust.

I can dig up their 800 number if you want or you can search this board for it

$720 for the catted x-pipe and the cat back, shipped.

It sounds great, I think.

My 18 year old son agrees :-D

The wife says it is too loud so it must be just right :coolman:

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread