Midnight Performance and other performance shops

wreckit

Established Member
Looking for a really well known tuning shop for my 03 cobra.
Ive heard Midnight Performance does great things with mustangs and wanted to see what everyone else input would be.

tangermean

Established Member
Midnight Performance doesnt tune. They usually have Jason "Stoopidfast" Herrera tune their cars at Autobaughn.

That being said, from what I understand Jason is a great tuner. However I have no personal experience with him. He tuned my brothers C5Z.

Last edited:

wreckit

Established Member
I will look into kinetic motorsports! Appreciate it.
Feel free to send more shops,

danisanangel

Established Member
I took my gt500 to midnight and they did a good job at installing the parts, but once it came to the tune from "stoopidfast" he left it running rich and tends to cut off on me on randomly when coming to a stop and idles funny. I'm also in the same boat as you are now and don't care much to take it back to them to get it re done after see how he left it the first time. Kind of considering a Jon lund tune myself.

Last edited:

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member
i've done the rounds as far as performance shops in the Houston area and now do my own work. That being said, Midnight's rates are competitive and his customer service trumps ALL shops in the area plus his turnaround time seems pretty solid. So if install work is what you're looking for, i think hes pretty solid.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I took my gt500 to midnight and they did a good job at installing the parts, but once it came to the tune from "stoopidfast" he left it running rich and tends to cut off on me on randomly when coming to a stop and idles funny. I'm also in the same boat as you are now and don't care much to take it back to them to get it re done after see how he left it the first time. Kind of considering a Jon lund tune myself.

You might want to check your CAI and make sure the MAF and filter are secure. I had a loose filter on K&N FIPK on an 09 GT500 and it would do exactly as you describe with regard to shutting off while coming to a stop and at idle. Hell half the time I never noticed the damn car shutoff until I tried to go when light changed to green, doh :D

wreckit

Established Member

Went there a few days ago. Spoke with Mitch and he said they really do not work on 03/04 or early model mustangs anymore:nonono:
He did says he would contact lund racing and see if they are willing to consider.

MikeHoncho

Who cares...
Established Member
Went there a few days ago. Spoke with Mitch and he said they really do not work on 03/04 or early model mustangs anymore:nonono:
He did says he would contact lund racing and see if they are willing to consider.

That sucks. They're usually pretty busy. My car is there now.

wreckit

Established Member
Wanted to share some info for others who may have the same question later on.
Here are some highly recommended shops friends and others have used and standby 100%

Triangle Speed Shop (Specializes in Mustangs/Cobras Highly recommended)

Chris Car Doc (Specializes in Mustangs/Cobras)

Houston Performance (Specializes in Mustangs/Cobras) Place I use!

Midnight Performance

Kinetic Motorsports

Stoopid fast

Good luck and happy Hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread