Mileage Question

WannaR

Established Member
Hi:

I am new to this board. I am interested in purchasing a '93 or '95 R. My question is what is considered high mileage for an R that was used in Racing. I am seeing some with 2,500 to 5,000 miles. That doesn't seem high but with racing miles is that high?

Would it have engine problems or how long would a race engine last.

I'm new to this kinda stuff but am interested.

Thanks for the help everyone.

SL 1993 R

Established Member
You might want to look at the thread "95 R value" in which this topic was discussed. Heck, you guys might even be looking at the same car... 95 R, used for scca events....

R-CODE

Established Member
R-MODEL

R u interested in purchasing a R-MODEL that has been raced or just any R-MODEL? Because there are 2 here in Michigan that R 4 sale and both under 2,000 miles. I would have to really dig to find the gentlemens e-mail address 4 that if you would like further info. E-mail me at {[email protected]} Good Luck!

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Check my sig.
I've had it to the drag strip twice. Otherwise just cruisin' around miles for a total of about 820. Never road-raced, but I'd love to if I had the time!:D Been garaged since new, looks as good as the day I purchased it and runs perfect.

Bolt-Ons include:
Bassani Off-Road X-Pipe
Flowmaster Force2 Cat-Back
PRO 5.0 shifter
K&N in the stock air box

I still have ALL original parts in new condition.

If you're serious, E-Mail me at [email protected]

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Hammerhead: Would you be interested in running your R on the new road course at Englishtown when they open up???

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
Hammerhead: Would you be interested in running your R on the new road course at Englishtown when they open up???

Man, IF I could find the time to do it, I'd love to try it out!:D Unfortunately I think that IF I do get the chance to race, it'll prolly be with my Syclone. It *should* be up and running by Spring and after all the time, effort, and ca$$$$$h I have in it, I'm dying to see what it will be capable of!!

Last year I got to Atco only ONCE in December w/ my L, and E-Town exactly ZERO times!!:sad

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
its a great way to test your car's potential 'legally' :D and have lots of fun at the same time....not so much head to head racing but more like practice sessions....were trying to get a bunch of semi-local guys together to rent the track out for our group....it will be my first time on the track as well, unless I can get down to atlanta in april....

Users who are viewing this thread