Military personnel, who would you side with?

Who would you fight with?

• We, the people

Votes: 128 92.1%
  • The government

Votes: 11 7.9%

• Total voters

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It's not that simple, the would be lots of factors that would go into an equation before troops would be used in the manner you speak. First and foremost it would be local law enforcement, swat riot control etc, etc. It is not like you could wave a wand and have a whole Battalion of troops there. If said government building knew the revolutionists were coming, and said group was in the thousands or tens of thousands local, state, congress and POTUS would all have to bless off on utilizing the Insurrection Act. That would take time.

You say group I think of small element of people, which is nothing local law enforcement could not handle. I don't appreciate what you said about get of it you don't want to defend our country, I have read every single post on here and not one service member even eluded to not defending our country, it was quite the opposite actually.
Local LEOs
Federal LEOs
National Guard

All before active military.

Dennis75

Established Member
Given the current state of the country, the political and class divide/warfare, and the constant threat to our constitutional rights, if there was a civil uprising against the government, who would you side with?

Based on the oath of enlistment you swore to uphold the constitution as well as obey the orders of the President. Would you side with the people, or would there be an American version of Tiananmen Square?

Sure this is hypothetical and I'm am in no way promoting an uprising other than by doing so by exercising your right to vote.

Our oath also requires us not to obey unlawful orders, so as in all conflict, the situation dictates tactics. Disobeying my orders would mean the order was unlawful and/or unconstitutional. I would not obey orders that are unlawful.

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
I serve the people and what's best for America, not the power hungry sitting in The capital. I will follow any order that's lawful or benefits my fellow Americans. Any Soldier with the right training, good leadership, and the ability to use sound judgement should have no issue if this situation should arise. Knowing what's right legally and morally is one of the foundations the modern day Army is built on.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I have been in the USMC for over 14 years now and I would have absolutely no problem disobeying any order to fight against the US people. I support the constitution first and the president second.

Cbarr300

Established Member
Likewise I've been in the USMC for only 4 years, but almost everyone I've served with will side with the constitution vs. The president

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mustangmike6996

Established Member
we all swore in the oath "against all enemies foreign and domestic....."

with that being said- id have a hard time doing the "unfavorable" thing

Stevedotmil

Aim Small/Miss Small
Established Member
Recent times have warranted a lot of discussions on this topic. There are clear lines that define what an unlawful order vs a lawful one is. Also the ROAC always applies when talking about every Soldier's innate right to self-defense and the defense of EVERY American, military or not. Foreign and Domestic is also in there. The active military force will never be used against the local American populace unless under Marshal Law invoked by the President. Unless there is another Civil War in our country this should never happen. Should never being the important words. As far as the average armed citizen fighting back, I don't see the skill needed to defeat an armed/trained/reflexive/war tested unit in the Infantry of any service. I hope that I don't live to see that day.

Users who are viewing this thread