MMR Ported Lower Intake Manifold and Heads

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
MMR Ported GT500 Lower Intake Manifold (gain up to 35HP)
This manifold is full ported an polished for a direct bolt on for huge noticeable gains in HP. Available as an exchange or Brand New.
$550 exc
$1390 no exc.

Stage 1 Ported GT 500 Cylinder heads +40 HP
These are Brand New Castings, fully ported and polished to MMR stage 1 specs
$3199.99

Stage 2 Ported GT 500 Cylinder heads +60 HP
These are Brand New Castings, fully ported and polished to MMR stage 2 specs
$3599.99

I like the idea of the ported lower manifold. Would be easy enough to swap with removing the blower, rather than opening up the motor on a new car for heads. I think I might try the manifold along with the usual pulley/intake/exhaust/tune combo. :pepper:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Forget MMR. They used to use (and still might) extrude hone to port their heads; hopefully I don't have to explain why this is bad. They also claim that they align hone all their blocks, even new ones with stock bores, LOL, yeah right. Their cryo'd OEM oil pump gears are an abortion and have caused the deaths of many motors--of course they didn't stand behind any of them. The list goes on...

CGoeschel

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Forget MMR. They used to use (and still might) extrude hone to port their heads; hopefully I don't have to explain why this is bad. They also claim that they align hone all their blocks, even new ones with stock bores, LOL, yeah right. Their cryo'd OEM oil pump gears are an abortion and have caused the deaths of many motors--of course they didn't stand behind any of them. The list goes on...

+100
My friend gave them 15K to build a forged motor for his Mach 1 with heads, cams port work etc. They gave him back a huge POS and wouldnt stand behind it. Ive got pics of the motor after the teardown with less than 300 miles after their build up and its FRIED!!! Motor overheated at idle at MMR and they couldnt figure it out. Charged him for an electrice Meziere pump, still overheated. MMR's tuners couldnt even tune the car because it wouldnt stop overheating. They said they had it fixed and delivered it to him at 2am in the morning. Blamed it on L.A. traffic headed to Las Vegas. He gets up first thing in the morning to drive it and guess what? Overheating again. Nuff said! Ive got pics to post to prove it when Nevarez racing had to tear it down to figure out what was wrong with it.

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Crossss said:
Why is extrude hone bad? (I know I'm not the only one wondering either);-)

For intake manifolds it's fine. I had it done on my SVO 2V manifold and it came out smooth as glass.

MMR does NOT extrude hone their heads, I looked into ported heads with them for the 03 about 2 months ago. The GT500 intake I have not directly questioned them on. :read:

Fourcam330

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
For intake manifolds it's fine. I had it done on my SVO 2V manifold and it came out smooth as glass.

MMR does NOT extrude hone their heads, I looked into ported heads with them for the 03 about 2 months ago. The GT500 intake I have not directly questioned them on. :read:

MMR used to, as I said, they may not anymore. Extrude Honing is the wrong way to port pretty much anything. When working a set of heads you want to remove material in some places, not touch it in others, and add some in others; basically reshape/recontour the ports/bowls/seats. EHing removes the same amount of material from all places, just making what was already there, bigger. Applying this logic to an intake manifold is less of a disaster, especially in the case of forced induction, but you get the idea.
Also, smooth doesn't mean squat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread