Mod's

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
lmao...I don't even have the car yet, but I want to start ordering mods. ****! lol

Let's see...long tubes, 3" catted midpipe, 3" catback, CAI, either a boost upgrade or a 3.3L Whipple, Full Coil Over suspension, Weight reduction. I am having my eclipse avn5435 Nav w/ back up camera, Sirius, HD Radio, 6 disc changer installed before I even take delivery.

Come on aftermarket people...can't you start making parts already. Oh yeah, thats right you need a car to build the stuff off of first. DAMN! lol :)

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
I'm feelin the mod bug too!! I'm going to start with the basics...wheels, drop, paint...

Then I'll take it from there. I've learned from having an early run 03 Term to wait for the aftermarket to catch up with the car before diving head first.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Snakebite said:
I've learned from having an early run 03 Term to wait for the aftermarket to catch up with the car before diving head first.

#145 and couldn't echo that louder. Now that the Terms and 05/06 GT's have laid the respective ground for mods, I hope the mod manufactures will be quicker pumping out the goods than they were with the Terms so I can hurry up and go buy one. :rockon:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Snakebite said:
I'm feelin the mod bug too!! I'm going to start with the basics...wheels, drop, paint...

Then I'll take it from there. I've learned from having an early run 03 Term to wait for the aftermarket to catch up with the car before diving head first.
I agree. The boost upgrades will be held off for a little bit...but the exhaust and cai will be early mods, can't listen to a stock stang.

What are you planning on doing with the paint? I was thinking about the Halibrand Cobra III's. 20x10 and 20x8.5. I know 20's sound Gotti, but 18's are too small on the new style stangs and nobody makes 19's.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
I agree. The boost upgrades will be held off for a little bit...but the exhaust and cai will be early mods, can't listen to a stock stang.

What are you planning on doing with the paint? I was thinking about the Halibrand Cobra III's. 20x10 and 20x8.5. I know 20's sound Gotti, but 18's are too small on the new style stangs and nobody makes 19's.

Halibrands are sweet...but I think the Cobra III's only come 9" wide on a 20" wheel. :shrug: ...let me know if I'm wrong.

As far as paint...I'm thinking all black plastic gets shot white (body color)...probably go with body color GT sideskirts.

Exhaust and CAI are a given...but I dont want to jump before a decent selection hits the market.

Fourcam330

Established Member
If you put a 3.3L whipple on this motor it will be a dog on the street simply because you'll have to put a monster pulley on it in order to not make 30psi up top. Whipple needs to bring out a 2.6/2.7L TS.
Most people will also want to tune their GT500s asap, to get rid of the ETC delay. I hear Stainless Works www.stainlessworks.net will have a complete exhaust for the GT500 available soon. Their work is absolutely top notch.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
If you put a 3.3L whipple on this motor it will be a dog on the street simply because you'll have to put a monster pulley on it in order to not make 30psi up top. Whipple needs to bring out a 2.6/2.7L TS.
Most people will also want to tune their GT500s asap, to get rid of the ETC delay. I hear Stainless Works www.stainlessworks.net will have a complete exhaust for the GT500 available soon. Their work is absolutely top notch.
I really want to only up the boost, but it looks like that isn't going to be possible with this setup. I'll let the blower's get tested by somebody else before I dive in.

If stainless works does make a kit for the car and it's priced the same as the 03-04 Kit I'll get that.

George, there are knock off Halibrand III's that come in 20x10...OE Wheels Direct makes them for ~$200 a pop. :thumbsup:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Mr. Negative said:
Shouldn't gears be first on the the list of mods for this car?
3.31's will be fine for now...I need to see where the top of third lands and how well traction is in 1st and 2nd before any gear changes are made.

Users who are viewing this thread