MORE PSI......?

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Do you all know how much PSI 03' Cobra can go?
I have the 14psi upper pully thinking of putting on the lower 4psi crank pully. Would this be too much?

MODDS: 2.81 Upper, Offroad X with Dynomax(Going Flowmaster)
Cold Air K&N, Boost ByPass, Diablo chip for mods

Can I put the 4psi or the 6psi lower pully (18psi or 20psi)?
What other modds do I need to do other then reburning the chip?
:shrug:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Well MM&FF did a little dyno testing in the June issue. They found that going above 12 psi on the stock Eaton wouldn't really give you very much hp. They literally didn't gain any rwhp by going from 12 to 14.4 psi.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by PowerCobra98
Guess I forgot to mention that the guy running 32psi also has a KB.

Yeah that was the point of their test actually. To see exactly what PSI is basically the limit for the Eaton before you absolutely have to switch over.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
Well MM&FF did a little dyno testing in the June issue. They found that going above 12 psi on the stock Eaton wouldn't really give you very much hp. They literally didn't gain any rwhp by going from 12 to 14.4 psi.

The test at the KB company was very imformative.

BUT when they used the 2.80" & they saw the boost with no results...couldnt the non result be an issue of belt slip as well.

If i remember correctly they were blaiming it on the fact that not enough air can get into the S/C to make the power.

But id agree....see how for u can tax the stock eaton too before u have to switch.

Users who are viewing this thread