Most power capable stock H/C/I

freebird50

Established Member
Just wondering about some examples of stock heads, cams, and intake 96-98 Cobras and how much power they made with boost. Built motor but completely stock H/C/I. How much HP is capable with the stock H/C/I? No porting no cams no anything. How far have people gone with this stuff out of the box? Thanks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would think with boost 600hp isn't out of the question. I would imagine the limits will be your fuel and fuel system.

freebird50

Established Member
I would think with boost 600hp isn't out of the question. I would imagine the limits will be your fuel and fuel system.
I've got 700rwhp on mine. Fuel system is upgraded. Just wondering how far others have gone. Assuming all the supporting mods of course.

96dreamer

Established Member
The heads and cams will support 1000+whp. I think the limiting factor on a built motor will be the factory intake. Even that though enough boost at it and I don't think 1k will be an issue.

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
Doesn't need to be said but a 4.6L is tiny in the world of V8's

400rwhp is going to be about max and it takes big cams to get there naturally aspirated

I've heard of people hitting over 1000rwhp with boost but obviously they put in forged rods and pistons, crank/block are already strong enough

You're going to run out of fuel after 400hp on the factory injectors

freebird50

Established Member
Doesn't need to be said but a 4.6L is tiny in the world of V8's

400rwhp is going to be about max and it takes big cams to get there naturally aspirated

I've heard of people hitting over 1000rwhp with boost but obviously they put in forged rods and pistons, crank/block are already strong enough

You're going to run out of fuel after 400hp on the factory injectors
Yeah I'm just wondering about the heads, cams, and intake manifold limitations only thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread