Motor Trend June issue info

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
The June issue of MT has a Ford GT on the cover so of course I bought it. That car is so HOT I think I would buy panties if they had the GT on them! Anyway, on pg.21 in the "We hear" section I read this and found it interesting thought I would pass it along: :read:

...Carrol Shelby claims that, as a result of his five hours with the GT500 on the track, he impressed upon SVT the need to increase tire size and to "tighten up the track bars." The car doesnt have track bars, of course, but SVT responded by increasing the bushing stiffness on the upper and lower links that locate the live rear axle. It also confirmed it's upsizing the tires, although SVT declined to reveal those specs.

Last edited:

miatafreak

Banned
you know what it sounds like to me? it sounds like motor trend was fed this bull by someone at ford (prolly hows da tang) to make it seem like shelby was more involved than he really was. because they know the sheeple would eat that shit up thinking oh it's just like the old days, and then ford would sell a bitchload more cars.

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
There is also a three page interview with Hau Thai-Tang. Which will make JW Fisher pee his pants when he reads it. :cryying:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Bitchload

miatafreak said:
you know what it sounds like to me? it sounds like motor trend was fed this bull by someone at ford (prolly hows da tang) to make it seem like shelby was more involved than he really was. because they know the sheeple would eat that shit up thinking oh it's just like the old days, and then ford would sell a bitchload more cars.

The point of the post was to affirm that the GT500 will indeed have wider tires, but thanks anyway for the awkward digression/Conspiracy Theory. It was afterall, very...interesting. :rollseyes

Last edited:

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I'm guessing there are no performance statistics?

No stats on the GT500. The HTT interview is pretty interesting though. I recommend picking up or at least reading the issue. :read:

Here is a HTT quote from the interview:
"The new mustangs- Shelby 500 by SVT or otherwise- weren't developed to be straightline performers"

That should get the IRS whiners fired up. :burn:

Last edited:

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
miatafreak said:

"(prolly hows da tang)" Bahhhh! LOL! Thanks.....

jwfisher

Banned
Its very clear Shel wasn't pulled out of his retirement for more than a few hours of involvement. Most of which were probably with the lawyers working up the fee for his revered name.

Not much more involvement than with the 2-door Shelby convertible last year... where he showed up when it was already built.

miatafreak

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
The point of the post was to affirm that the GT500 will indeed have wider tires, but thanks anyway for the awkward digression/Conspiracy Theory. It was afterall, very...interesting. :rollseyes

Don't you see man? htt is screwing with your heads! they planned for this car to have wider tires from the start. they just set this up so it would look like shelby helped create it and people would want it more. and you know the higher the demand for it the higher the mark up will be, and the fatter htt's pockets will be. so you guys just go ahead and get your gt500's, but just know that somewhere htt will prolly be sippin crystall in a hot tub with a bunch of high dollar whores and laffin it up about how dumb you all are and how he so easily conned you out 40k.

Fourcam330

Established Member
miatafreak said:
Don't you see man? htt is screwing with your heads! they planned for this car to have wider tires from the start. they just set this up so it would look like shelby helped create it and people would want it more. and you know the higher the demand for it the higher the mark up will be, and the fatter htt's pockets will be. so you guys just go ahead and get your gt500's, but just know that somewhere htt will prolly be sippin crystall in a hot tub with a bunch of high dollar whores and laffin it up about how dumb you all are and how he so easily conned you out 40k.

I don't give a shit about Carroll Shebly's involvement with the car one way or another man. I'm glad we're getting extra rubber end of story, and btw, it's "Cristal". :bored:

Fourcam330

Established Member
blueovalkid said:
No stats on the GT500. The HTT interview is pretty interesting though. I recommend picking up or at least reading the issue. :read:

Here is a HTT quote from the interview:
"The new mustangs- Shelby 500 by SVT or otherwise- weren't developed to be straightline performers"

That should get the IRS whiners fired up. :burn:

I ran over to Barnes and Noble today but no dice the new issue wasn't in yet.

Thanks

Joes66Pony

Dump the SRA
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
I don't give a shit about Carroll Shebly's involvement with the car one way or another man. I'm glad we're getting extra rubber end of story, and btw, it's "Cristal". :bored:

You should if just using his name adds unnecessary coststo the car that could have been used elsewhere.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Why would it take 5 hours to determine it needed more rubber?, hell we knew that by looking at it.

Joes66Pony

Dump the SRA
Established Member
PowerWheels said:
Why would it take 5 hours to determine it needed more rubber?, hell we knew that by looking at it.

Cut the guy some slack.....it takes a little longer to procees things when you're 80 years old.

Croco X

SVT Fanboy
Established Member
Joes66Pony said:
PowerWheels said:
Cut the guy some slack.....it takes a little longer to procees things when you're 80 years old.
Looking at it and feeling it while pushing the car on the test track are two completely different beast, no matter if you're 18 or 80. Think about that...

Users who are viewing this thread