MT issue with FGT vs Enzo vs CGT?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
fordification said:
The same would hold true for the rest but these motors must be really tight for the first 5000miles. The GT they tested was driven to and from Ford's proving grounds. Not sure how far but they specifically mentioned the GT was the only one in the test that was.

That was mainly because the Enzo was owned by a private party from Florida who probably didn't want to put all those miles on his brand new car, and the FGT was a factory owned car.

Big 8

Established Member
Formula51 said:
Big8, you seam to have a lot of argumentativeness (dont think thats a word) and antagonism in your posts. Most of the people you are responding to, myself included, are only trying to have an enjoyable and interesting discussion, be it factual or hypothetical in nature. I welcome the ideas of your posts as they are typically different from mine, which makes for a good discussion. We can't talk about much if we all think the same thing, now can we?

Well why I am arguing to some degree my point, I am not trying to offend anyone. I totally understand your logic in the sense that it follows logical steps. However my opinion does differ. I simply think the guy realled off the best run to date. Pro driver, great conditions etc all must have been lined up perfectly. When I see the Ford GT run a 12.4 in a test I dont assume anything is wrong with the car? Simply not a great run. I dont see why one would make the leap that a great run results in a ringer car? When the Vette lapped the ring in its great time I assumed it was due to a great driver. A great car. Not a ringer. There are those however that say the car was not stock, there are two seperate stories about the car, as well as the two weeks worth of set up for the car. I guess in the end it doesnt matter to me really. I have stated 1/4 mile time for the FGT at 11.7 in other threads and I would say that this would be a very fast very good run to produce a 11.7 at 128. I dont think every one can pull an 11.7 but it is possible. I also believe there will be a few stout cars or a few great driver that may pull one to two tenths under that as well as maybe 1-2 mph quicker.

So anyways sorry if I came across as offensive, I was simply arguing from the other side. Guess I am too used to posting in smack down!

Formula51

Established Member
You were not offensive, yet, and I just wanted to make sure it didn't get their since I can get wound up myself and try not to. Remeber, that I never said the car was a ringer, only that many think it was and that there is some data to support this conclusion. I also believe it is possible that the stars could have aligned and the FGT ran a lap that was to it's full potential. This is obviously the same thing that happened when the C5 Z06 was run to an 11.7 and many people cried "BS"!

I understand your point and you understand mine, so I guess thats that. On to the next fun discussion.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Formula, I can see your logic in all this, but I think you are underestimating the ability of what a pro driver can do with this car. I would probably agree with you if I didn't know that Brian H. tested this car. Do a search on him, you will find his driving/racing credentials quite impressive. Take Evan Smith (MM&FF) for instance. He continues to consistently run much better times with all the cars he tests compared to all the other mag testers. Why, because he really knows how to drive. He knows how to get the most out of car at the track. When the Terminators first came out, he ran a 12.4 @ 113 bonestock, while all the other mags were only getting high 12s @ around 110. He has always run the best times with all the Mustangs that he has tested (93 Cobra, 95 Cobra R, 03 Mach 1, etc.) I don't remember anyone say that all the cars he tested were ringers. I think we will all agree that Evan and Brian are much better drivers than your average mag editor/writer. I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Brian H. was able to run those impressive times in the FGT. I think it's very possible given the right conditions. Keep in mind that the GT has a documented 0-60 time of 3.3 sec. and a top speed of 205 mph. I don't think 3-4 tenths & 3 mph faster in the 1/4 would be too difficult for a pro driver to obtain. Do you really think the C6 Z06 would have run the 2nd best time ever at the ring with just an average driving mag editor/writer? :nono: Not likely. Was that car a ringer? Were the stars aligned just right for that run?
Face it, the FGT ran those times. They will stand, until proven otherwise. :burnout:
I will agree with you that we should drop this silly argument and move on to the next topic. As always, I enjoy a mature discussion with you despite our different perspectives. :beer:

Last edited:

fordification

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
That was mainly because the Enzo was owned by a private party from Florida who probably didn't want to put all those miles on his brand new car, and the FGT was a factory owned car.

actually my point was break-in.

Formula51

Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
I will agree with you that we should drop this silly argument and move on to the next topic. As always, I enjoy a mature discussion with you despite our different perspectives. :beer:

It is not the ET that raises my eyebrows, but the MPH. I know a great driver can achieve that ET, but the extra 3mph over the best of the other tests (which is equivalent to the pullied car) is what makes you wonder. It certainly can happen though and I do not underestimate the ability of Evan Smith and anyone like him, unbelievable what they can do in a car, simply unbelievable!

Here's to future discussions with yall :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread