muffler deletes and resonator deletes

351inside

Established Member
I went to the muffler shop today and i was going to get them done, but they only had 2.5 inch piping for it, they said to go back tomorrow that they would have 3 inch.

I was thinking about it now because i want to replace the resonators with 3in piping but i dont know if i should get the axle backs done in 2.5 or 3in

I was thinkin of going with 2.5 just because i feel it needs some kind of backspressure... ill be keeping the cats on for now... Im just going with this set up because the car is way to quite but once i get my off road x ill be getting gt500 mufflers :)

So what do you guys think, go with 2.5in or 3in for the axle back?
The resonator will be replace with 3in regardles of what the axleback gets

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have the SLP loadmouth pips axle back exhaust and i love it, and its pretty load but im glad i still have the resonators , i would not recommend taking off the resonator, but its your car.

351inside

Established Member
i saw a guy do it on you tube and it sounded pretty good, I dont think it can be worse than my 08 that had an o/r xpipe and muffler deletes because this one will still have cats...

what size piping would you use?
or do you recommend just making the muffler delete and keeping the resonators, or vice versa?

cobra1718

Established Member
I have the Heartthrob hpipe with 3" pipes with Hushpowers and it isnt that loud. Matter of fact I am looking for some Roush to put on it.

HT2.gif

wbt

Banned
I have no cats. stock over the axle with resonators still on and Magnaflow 15594 muffler deletes. It was the loudest car at a recent dyno day out of 20 cars. It sounds good but is a bit too loud for my taste.

Couple of videos:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5iP0v6E4y8"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT Dyno[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDATLHJtzWY"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 11 sec.[/nomedia]

Waiting on my Pypes cat back to come in. My Magnaflow 15594's will be for sale soon. ;-)

Last edited:

351inside

Established Member
Were did u buy the pypes catback from???
Im going to do the muffler delte, so which.size piping would you guys go with??? 2.5 or 3in???

351inside

Established Member
reason i ask for 2.5 is because its only gonna be on there till the end of the summer, and i thought a little back pressure would be good for it, but ill be going with 3in

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
well you have more than enough compression so just run full 3 inch exhaust

grnenvy

Established Member
Yo

I'm running factory cats due to the exhaust smell at stop lights. I have a 3in. H pipe and I had the factory resonators cut out and for axle back I'm running the Magnaflow. IMOP it's the best sound yet and the axle back is pure quality. It doesn't drone at all around town it sounds great. Then when the pedal is to the metal it's loud but not stupid. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread