muffler question...

BLACKVNM

Established Member
There was a thread on here awhile back that was similar to this but I couldnt find it... On my 98 I have a catted bassani X with 40 series flows. I've heard that the straight through mufflers sound a lot meaner with an X than the chambered ones do, but I'm not sure what to do for now. Any suggestions on mufflers(and about how much $ they are)?? thanks!

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
man, go with the magnapacks. i have the same set up as you but with a o/r x pipe from bassani. it sounds mean and unique. you'll love it.

Lee

Established Member
If you already have the Bassani X-pipe you really ought to install the Bassani mufflers. X-pipes work better with straight through mufflers.

Lee

Established Member
Ouch! I didn't realize they'd gone so high. It's been a few years since I bought an entire Bassani system, equal length shorties, X-pipe, and cat backs for $1200.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
Might be a stupid question...but I heard a guys 02 GT last night and he had a bassani X with no cats, and the 40 series flows. I thought it sounded awesome, but would it be a bad idea to have the hi flow cats cut off the bassani? I just know his had a sweet sound and the only difference in his exhaust was no cats. Just checkin

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
It all depends on what kind of sound you want. You will get a better lower guttural sound with a chambered muffler. You get the more exotic sound from a straight thru. I had the catted x-pipe and 40 series flows setup on my '98 and plan on going that route again just for the sound. It's all on your personal preference.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
Do you think it's a bad idea for me to cut the cats off the X though? Since the bassani came with the hi flows I wasn't sure if I should or not. I have MIL eliminators in the garage so I'm not worried about the check engine light. Thanks

Cobro

Banned
I have the bassani X with cats and the ultraFlow SS Mufflers Welded from summit 60 each. These are straight through design.

The combo sounds bad ass without being overboard!

BLACKVNM

Established Member
I think I might just see if anyone locally would be interested in trading a bassani X with no cat for one with cats. They aren't hard to put in are they?

Users who are viewing this thread