Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords gives sneak preview of GT500 like performance

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
Hey guys,

I read an article in May's issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords which gives a sneak preview of what kind of performance we could expect from the GT500. They tested a Kenn Bell supercharged 05 Mustang GT. The car made 520 HP and did 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and ran the QM in 11.7 seconds @ 117 mph. :rockon: This was with a full Xenon body kit and 20 inch wheels and tires. Unfortunately the article did not say if the car had a 5spd or a 6spd trans. Keeping in mind that a lot of specifics like the weight and final power ratings are not known yet about the Shelby GT500, this gives us an idea of what the car is capable of if Ford delivers on their promises.

I was going to scan the article in for you but the print came out so small it wasn't worth it. It's in the May issue and on page 51 titled "DNA Test"

Jim

R1Lello

Established Member
:burnout:

I'm hoping this car does well stock but very confident that it has ridiculous potential with minor mods. By the way, MotorTrend.com has a NewYork Auto Show video of the GT500 and the host states when asking about true horsepower, that a Ford rep. said 'they don't call it a GT500 for nothing'. Wouldn't it be nice...............keep the fingers crossed. Í will be happy with 450 but more is always better and never enough.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
5.4 dohc with 10psig of boost! I'm gonna say 495 at the rears. My 4.6 dohc Vortech Mach 1 making 10 psig of boost with the 5.4 intake manafold and cams pulled 470hp at the rear wheels with a slipping clutch to boot.

Fourcam330

Established Member
It makes no sense at all to compare a 4.6L 3v to a 4v/GT/R head 5.4L, they share nothing.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
It makes no sense at all to compare a 4.6L 3v to a 4v/GT/R head 5.4L, they share nothing.

Not comparing motors, just saying that with simliar power outputs and weights you would get comparable performance. Now the Shelby GT500 will most likely weigh more than a regular GT so who knows, but it gives an idea of what to expect. Thats if Ford lives up to what its promising us.

Users who are viewing this thread