Must be the calm before the storm

edz

Retired.
Established Member
I'me just sitting back waiting, sold my 98 to a guy that looks like he will take care of it, for more that I thought I would get. Collecting things, new shifter, modules for sequenced tail lights, new bottles of Zaino, new wash mit towels etc. buggin my salesman on running Concepts info. checking all the boards to see if there is any new info,(even www.ls1.com) I especially like the posts on the hoods, I even called SVT and they said they receive a lot of calls on that one. Lets start a new rumor. Something tells me I will see this one again.

"I heard that the horsepower was 435 RWHP and Ford was putting restrictor plates in to get down to the 390 it advertised."

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Looking forward to getting my 03 Min Gray Vert. So excited I pulled out my SVT Cobra shirt and wore it last night. I should see mine in Mid June, perhaps before my 20yr HS reunion. My dealer has a coupe due in before mine. He promised to let me see it before it gets delivered.

eddy z

Established Member
ed z, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you get for your 98?? I am thining of either trading mine in or selling it out right.. My 98 is a vert, with 23,400 miles on it.. I have no clue on its valve.... please help if you can...thanks..

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
That's funny, my 20 year reunion is this year too...

People look at me funny when I tell them what I am getting...

Like its mid life crisis... That's crap!

And another thing, I never looked at cars as a way to attract women. I always thought cars and women were complete oppisites.

Actually thought that ordering this Cobra would make my wife leave me... but she is still here....

:cryying:

edz

Retired.
Established Member
My 30th HS reunion was in 1999!!! As for women I find that bleached blond, sorta trashy lookin women are attracted to shiny red convertibles, ;-) wait a munute I like bleached blond, sorta trashy lookin women.

03Cobra

Established Member
Hey -- My 20th is this year too -- Weird

My friends keep buggin me to get a Porsche Convertible -- or even an M3 vert --

I keep saying that every where I turn someone has a 911 vert or an M3 --

I can afford whatever I want, but this is the best 4 seat, 6 speed vert out there and I am a torque junkie

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
would have rather had a 911 - or even a Boxster S but those are too expensive, I am only a poor white boy, and can only have a Cobra Convetable....

Poor me...

:cryying:

as for the BMW, I would rather have the Ford...

03Cobra

Established Member
Well

Every once in a while, when I hear nothing regarding the status of the Cobra, I think, screw it, I'm just gonna get the 911 -- but, everyone -- and I mean EVERYONE -- has a 911 vert 'round my neighborhood.

I had a 1970 Boss 429 several years ago, so I can't get it out of my blood.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I drove up this morning and UPS had delivered the parts I ordered for my 03. I couldn't belive they got here that quick. The Baer Eradispeed Plus two piece rotors are very light and look really sharp. I bet the two combined help lose 20 punds off the front.

The 01 Bassani x-pipe is made in three pieces now instead of a single weldment. I thought they sent me the wrong pipe when I looked at the size of the box. If it doesn't fit, I think it will be a lot easier to modify it. I will try it out the first night I get the car. I'll post on how it fits so anyone interested will know if an 01 x or h-pipe will fit the 03.

Users who are viewing this thread