!mustang Down!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Like the tittle says,

On my way to a friends house (like 2 miles away), Im turning the corner to pick up Taco Bell before I get there when all of a sudden I hear a bang come out of the front end. I imediately pull into a parking lot and shut down the car. I get out to see if I had blown a tire but the tires where ok... I open up the hood and try to see if it was my belt that had torn or something had gotten into my engine bay and nothing, next I check my oil and fluids and everything was good. I look for leaks on the pavement under the car and nothing still, no smell coming out or anything.
So at this point I start the car and it makes like this continuos backfiring noise from one of the left cylinders next to the CAI. I had a guy get in my car an rev it a little, I looked under the hood and while inspecting I hear a much louder bang and see a little puff of blue smoke coming out from arround the left sparkplug and coils' area... I said **** it and drove it home (like 2 miles), it was freaking embarasing, it sounded like shit! (ta ta ta ta ta ta bang ... ta.. ta ta...ta....bang) :(

I need to figure out what to do with the car and where to take it tomorrow as it is my DD and Im always really busy during the week. Im in the San Antonio area (I was thinking Lethal Performance or Murillo Motorsports)

If anybody has an idea of what is going on or how to help please chime in, any help would be appreciated!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What are the symptoms? Im thinking and hoping that is it! Im going to try to look at the car tomorrow with some light.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
hm.. sounds like you blew a spark plug! lol I went through 5 plugs in 1 head on my old 02 GT ...... courtousey of the good ol nitrous! Have fun tapping that bitch out... lol you gotta do a lot of modifying to get it down in the hole..

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
"Timecert it"??? How big of a deal is it and how much can it run me?

203Cree

Established Member
Not bad. You can do it yourself. I forget what the kit runs tho. Search it. I know a lot of the L guys run em with no problems. :)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Even if I wanted to tackle the project, I have no time to do it. I will have to pay someone to do it..

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
just make sure whoever does it for you if its the one against the firewall that they dont unhook the line there and dump a cup or so worth of antifreeze down on top of the piston... took me 2 days to get my car running right again.

Helicoil kit runs about $30 ... if it blew the coil pack they're about $60 at autozone.. so.. doing it yourself plus minus some on $100.. if you have tools.

Juruense

Banned
You cannot helicoil a modular motor with an aluminum head. You must use a timesert. The helicoil leaves a nub in the combustion chamber which causes pre-ignition on our cars.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I just talked to Lethal P. and they said they rather pull the head out and have the machine shop fix it. $350 labor + parts... say they dont trust timecert..

Juruense

Banned
Oh well, you could easily pay $350 just for a timesert if you have to buy the kit and stuff so getting the head pulled and fixed that way for $350 is a sweet deal IMHO.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
How bad is it to start or drive the car as is?? Besides the embarassing noise..

Users who are viewing this thread