Mustang is Life

RedlineDrifts

Greetings fellow Stangers!

I've been a mustang enthusiast for over 8 years now, all thanks to my friend's 94 black GT coupe. I fell in love with the sound, the power, the feel; everything. I snagged my own a few years later, a red 99 GT coupe, manual (auto is for women and children) and that was when I truly fell in love with all the muscle car vibes. There's really nothing like driving a RWD manual V8, radio off, listening to the sound of the exhaust, cruisin around, just forgetting all of life's problems. I have no doubt that most of you know exactly what I'm referring to..

I would store the car every winter and I swear I would still piss myself with joy every time I took it out of storage for the first drive because it sucked so bad not being able to enjoy it during the winter and I was just so frickin happy to own such an awesome vehicle. It lasted me a good 4 1/2 years, but the condition of the body, mainly the undercarriage was in awful shape and I decided it wouldn't be financially wise (or safe) to keep it any longer. The interior was in exceptional condition, but the body had been neglected from the previous owners and even all the love I had to give couldn't reverse the rust and corrosion the body had.

I ended up trading it in and purchasing a 2009 Acura CSX Type-S, which I'll say is an amazing vehicle for the price, however redlining it through the gears just never gave me the same feelings whatsoever. I knew after a year with it, that deep down I needed another mustang. This time, I decided instead of buying another car that was not exactly what I wanted, that I would instead go all out and put my money into what I really want and get something that I could truly be happy with and so I bought this.....

Drumroll...

~2004 Mustang Cobra Convertible!!~ :D
IMG_20180611_204002.jpg

IMG_20180611_204602.jpg

IMG_20180611_204011.jpg

IMG_20180611_204047.jpg

IMG_20180611_204703.jpg

IMG_20180616_000520.jpg
Yes that's right!!
The first & only owner used her a collector/show car, therefore she only has 4300kms on her and is mechanically bone stock, except for subframe connectors.

I paid a lot ($36k), but she's a goddamn beauty and I have 0 regrets.

This was the car I've truly wanted ever since I fell in love with mustangs. I could have gotten a lot of other mustangs for the price, but as a lot of you know, these are one of a kind and are only getting rarer by the year. GTs are amazing, but there's nothing like a Cobra/Shelby mustang.

I realized over the years that I wouldn't be satisfied buying one for $20-$25k with over 100,00kms on it, shitty mods, worn interior etc. So when I saw this one, I knew I had to jump on it.

And I have no intention on leaving it in my garage collecting dust. Life is short and I bought this baby to use it for what it was intended for: DRIVING!! Summer is short over here in Canada, so I plan on getting as much use out of it as possible, when possible.

That being said, I take pride in my cars and I do plan on keeping it as clean and maintained as I possibly can, while trying not to be overly obsessive about it.

TL;DR My name is RedlineDrifts & I own a sexy ass terminator.

Last edited:

RedlineDrifts

Yes I am a Canada boy lol with a lot of love for the USA as I have been traveling to different parts of it my whole life, most recently all around California (would be very down to relocate there).

Thanks guys ;D

Users who are viewing this thread