My 1991 Mustang LX 5.0 project pics

USMC0341

Established Member
Well I needed a daily driver so I would'nt put the miles on the 03 cobra, So I decided to overhaul my wifes old 91 LX. It had been parked for the last three years and it needed alot of TLC. Under the hood I replaced cap,rotor,wires, plugs,all filters and hoses, o2 sensors and the H-pipe I also replaced intake,valve cover,and exhaust gaskets.
I also had the car painted replaced all the weatherstriping and moldings, all new emblems and headlights, new wheels and tires.

On the inside I replaced the old seats with ones out of a 2000 mustang and new carpet.

I made a album to view all the pics here

91 LX PICS

I had a budget of no more the 3,000 and so far I'm 500 under my limit. I did all the work myself except the paint, and I bought all my parts from ebay,50resto.com, and Dave's mustang parts.

I know it just stock and it nothing exciting, but it will do just great as a daliy driver.

please tell me what you think!
Thanks
facb0752.jpg

facb075e.jpg

USMC0341

Established Member
Originally posted by 92lxhatchback
how did u get it painted and stay under 3,000?

I took off all of the trim,moldings,weatherstriping,emblems,lights,door handles, everything, then I did the bodywork and the prep work myself. the paint place just had to spray it. I got it sprayed for 500.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Nice :D

If you don't like the "map holders" on the bottom of the door, you can remove them. Actually, I just ripped mine off and you can't really tell. Some people I know have tried the same and have mest up their door panel, I guess I was just blessed :D

Users who are viewing this thread