My Dad is buying a Mach1

Which tranny to buy, I have one day!

• I would go with the quarter mile thrashing Auto!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I like to put the car through it's paces Manual!

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Well my Dad has the bug real bad and he will be making a purchase tom. sometime. We have found a black one with an automatic for a great price. But while he likes black he would like a standard and all of those are red.

So we will see what he ends up with.

You guys give me the pluses and minuses of the two options. Also what other information you guys can offer please let me know. Is the engine identical to the 01 Cobra mill? Does it have an aluminum block or iron like my cobra? What is the compression ratio? Is the crank forged? What automatic tranny is this car using? Also what is the gear ratio out back? 3:55

I really appreciate what information you guys can fill my Dad and I in on.

Oh and one last question, what should we pay for an 03 Mach while the 04's are on the dealers doorsteps.

Last edited:

MattN03

03RCODE
Established Member
Check out the Mach 1 Registry. You can find all your answers here by running a few searches. Prices have dropped as low as $23,xxx down at Brandon Ford in Florida I believe. No 04 Mach's have been delivered as of yet FYI.

Last edited:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by 03NYTMRE
Dont buy one
bird.gif

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
Ok the car is purchased, bright red had 7 miles on it. Now this thing is so kewl. I am gonna order the Magnaflow cat back for it. Will the 3.5 inch tips fit? Does anyone have any pictures I can show my Dad? Thanks guys. I feel like Mad Max with the shaker sticking up out of the hood. Bad Arse is all I can say. Now if I can just find a blower that will fit through that hole in the hood. J/K

BTW 03 Nytmyre: You gotta drive one of these things, you will see what I mean when you get behind the wheel of one. They do really sound better than our cars also.

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Tell him to buy one w/the 5 speed. He will love it. My dad has an Azure Blue Mach 1 and a Satin Silver 03 Cobra and loves them both!! He is 62 years old and a big time old musclecar fan like myself. These new hotrods have kept him so happy that he rarely ventures out in the old hotrods. Technology had really come a long way.

The ride I took in my dad's Mach 1 made me decide to sell my high 10 second low 11 second 03 Cobra. I love the looks and stock sound and ride and power and the comfort of the Mach 1's.

Ford4me

AMERICAN!!!
Established Member
I am Yatesman's dad. I bought the 03 Torch Red with the 5 speed. Awesome car, fun to drive, gets lots of looks, but it's not a Cobra. The 03 Cobra is the baddest show room hot rod the U.S.A. has ever produced. You guys are really lucky. I do like the shaker hood and live axle. The motor isn't exactly a dog either.
Fun car to go through the gears in. See you at a Fun Ford Weekend next year.

Users who are viewing this thread