My dad just bought a lightning..have some questions

sinnedam

Established Member
Hey guys my dad just bought a 95 lightning. The guy gave us a non factory looking key FOB but we cant get it to work. We replaced the battery, and the light comes on now on the FOB, but it still wont lock/unlock the doors. I'm trying to figure out if

A. these trucks even came with factory keyless entry

B. would this aftermarket remote be designed to work with the factory system, or has someone put an entire aftermarket keyless entry system in it, and

C. Where would the control unit be located? I've looked under the hood, and under the dash and cant seem to find anything that doesn't look factory. Here are some pics of the truck, its super nice. Interior looks almost brand new.

Thanks!

photo2.jpg

mishimoto

Established Member
Found this for a 95 F150, I used to have a link to a site that listed all the features of these trucks, but I can't find it now.

"Keyless entry box is silver. about 2x3x4 or so. Mounted on the right side of the steering column behind the dash cubby hole that is on the lower right side of the steering column. If you can read the sticker on the front of the box it will say "keyless" or "remote entry control" or something to the like.

Users who are viewing this thread