My drivetrain warranty has been voided?

Established Member
My original tranny died a few weeks into owning my car (June, 2001). Ford sent me a T45 on accident to replace it. I was driving around on that thing until December when it was finally worked out. By now, I have to replace my clutch, too. Of course, they made me pay for the clutch, so I bought a Spec Stage 3. I got to take my car to the track once two weeks into having the new tranny. I made two runs without power shifting at all. Of course, Ford does not know that. Other than that, I only get to drive the car on the weekends; mostly just to and from Gainesville and Jacksonville. So, now, about two months into having the new tranny, second gear is grinding. I called my dealership and immediately, they told me it was my clutch. They gave me all this garbage about how my clutch causes more wear than a facctory clutch. I think my 1-2 shift fork is bent so I made them do the research to see if my replacement has the new fork. They said they would get back to me. Instead of getting back to me I was informed that they had "voided my drivetrain warranty."

WTF? How would a hard clutch destroy my tranny in TWO MONTHS? And how can they "void" my warranty without even so much as looking at my car? I think they are trying to get out of lemon law possibilities here. This would be my forth tranny (based upon their tranny work policy for SVTs) in 8 months. Something like my 10th visit for the same set of problems. I have threatened nothing. I have not even said "lemon." I've been exploring a T56 anyway, but how can they do this?!

Sorry for the rant, but I am ticked off.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by 103
My original tranny died a few weeks into owning my car (June, 2001). Ford sent me a T45 on accident to replace it. I was driving around on that thing until December when it was finally worked out. By now, I have to replace my clutch, too. Of course, they made me pay for the clutch, so I bought a Spec Stage 3. I got to take my car to the track once two weeks into having the new tranny. I made two runs without power shifting at all. Of course, Ford does not know that. Other than that, I only get to drive the car on the weekends; mostly just to and from Gainesville and Jacksonville. So, now, about two months into having the new tranny, second gear is grinding. I called my dealership and immediately, they told me it was my clutch. They gave me all this garbage about how my clutch causes more wear than a facctory clutch. I think my 1-2 shift fork is bent so I made them do the research to see if my replacement has the new fork. They said they would get back to me. Instead of getting back to me I was informed that they had "voided my drivetrain warranty."

WTF? How would a hard clutch destroy my tranny in TWO MONTHS? And how can they "void" my warranty without even so much as looking at my car? I think they are trying to get out of lemon law possibilities here. This would be my forth tranny (based upon their tranny work policy for SVTs) in 8 months. Something like my 10th visit for the same set of problems. I have threatened nothing. I have not even said "lemon." I've been exploring a T56 anyway, but how can they do this?!

Sorry for the rant, but I am ticked off.

Sounds like the runaround.....I'd find someone who knows the law really well and get their opinion.

When my local dealership said they were going to refuse warranty work on my tranny when it started to grind going into third (they said because i had some tire shred on my wheelwells), I talked to ford and they contacted the dealership and got them to do it under warranty. If i can help by giving you the details of what happened with my situation, let me know, PM if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread