My driving is teh suck.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
I'm quite aggravated at myself. Alright, mods to my cobra are tremec 3550 tranny, 4.30 gear, mac o/r h, flowmaster 40 series flows. I'm running on kumho street tires (245/45).

Our track here in chattanooga is an 1/8th mile track. Well, for some reason, I can't dip into the 8s. The best I've done is 9.108 at like 76mph. My best mph is 78....but I'm running 9.3s and 9.4s consistantly with the 4.30s.

It kinda makes me mad. I know I'm not the best driver, especially at the track...but i know the car has the potential. People rag me and always ask me if its a real cobra and that pisses me off....out on the street, I think I do a lot better driving....I just don't know what my prob is. Maybe I just get too nervous at the track with all the spectators and stuff....I don't know....

but anyway, I"m going to race a GT that runs 9.0s and 9.1s tonight...so we'll see how that goes...

oldiron

Established Member
That track sucks

Don't worry about poor times at Brainerd.. There is no traction there. I've tried everything to get a car to hook up at that track.
Short of building an all out drag car designed specifically for this track don't worry about it, GO TO crossville. New track that has good traction and is in good shape. Last summer I ran an 8.91 in my '69 428 cj mach I, That was easing into the throttle and never going to full throttle.
Greg

SNK BITN

Established Member
Your times arent so bad, all you need is some practice. I'm alot better driver on the street than at the track, I just cant get my stuff right when I'm there since I'm on street tires.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
oldiron: You need to bring the cobra out to checkers in east ridge on sat nights about 10pm. This past sat night was awesome! a modded 03 cobra got hammered by a dsm and by a old 302...I got owned by a gt and ta...hehe...but stayed at the door of a big block chevelle :confused: kinda awkward...don't ya think?

oldiron

Established Member
I'll try to be there...

I used to go to checkers back in the day (with an '85 gt) but quit going some years ago when the cops started going there too.
Sounds like I need to start going again. I'll get out there as soon as possible.
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread